Southwest Air kicks Muslim woman off plane for switching seats

Dresden I’m surprised you’re anywhere near a computer much less wanting to be around airplanes.

Sorry, knee jerk reaction.

Anyway why are all these complaints coming from flight staff? What’s the difference here between the flight staff and passengers? Is there a chance it could be flight getting passenger complaints whispered to them and flgiht running with it?

2 Likes

Unles written by a 4 year old.

1 Like

Tactically, I wouldn’t want them in the center seat. They could stab two people at once that way.

See also: FBI not finding anything “yet” on the San Bernardino iPhone.

3 Likes

What judgement are you seeing? I interpret this more as a sort of rush to non-judgement.

10 Likes

I said the very same thing, after three whiskey doubles last night.

4 Likes

I haven’t had any problems, but my husband who often flies solo tells me that he sees an increased level of authoritarian behavior by some flight attendants. He’s been repeatedly patted on the back by FAs who are trying to move the boarding passengers (as if my husband can make the 10+ people in front of him move any faster) and had a FA yank down the shade, thus grazing his nose with her arm, because he dared to look outside rather than stare into the eyes of the FA giving the safety round up. And it’s not like flight attendants ever stretch the truth to make something seem like a threat: Jeremiah Mathis Thede found not guilty of acting in manner that could have endangered aircraft.

5 Likes

I guess I can give all 4-year olds a pass on that.

6 Likes

What a sweet FA

Even if it was an issue when passengers switch seats the solution is simple, have them move back to their original seats. tada. :slight_smile:

oh that is bad…

6 Likes

The whole thing is bulllshit, but I really don’t understand the ‘I thought they said shahid’ excuse. In my experience it’s quite a common name. I’ve never heard it in any other context, to be honest.

2 Likes

I suspect that the real issue is that the woman had the audacity to use the word “why,” as in “why?” This is code for not following instructions and being a possible threat on a flight.

Jesus. They must hate toddlers.

10 Likes

Also see: “WUV.”

14 Likes

4 Likes

Unfair prejudicial bias?

2 Likes

So what happened to the other passenger, the one who agreed to switch seats with the woman who was kicked off the plane? Were they also kicked off? Something tells me that they weren’t and if that’s the case shame on the flight attendant.

13 Likes

Southwest issued a statement that said in part-“Information
available, collected at the time of the event, indicates that our
employees followed proper procedures in response to this customer’s
actions while onboard the aircraft. Out of respect for the customer’s
privacy, we will not share specifics about her conduct or travel
experience”

That is not a whole lot of information. All of the specifics of the interaction between the woman and the flight attendant that are being reported so far have come from the CAIR press release. I think there is probably more to the story.

Well, that way *everyone’s * uncomfortable, I guess.

1 Like

There might be, but if it is being concealed, that’s on Southwest, not the authors of the article.

12 Likes