Southwest Air kicks Muslim woman off plane for switching seats

Put every one in First Class. Problem solved. No middle seat. No terrorists.

10 Likes

Just curious, did you take your username from the infamous SS Dachau and Buchenwald doctor and your avatar from the German anti-immigrant “resistance” flag?

6 Likes

In a past thread it was established the flag was an obscure one from the German Resistance of WWII (though now it has seen some resurgence in anti-immigrant rallies in Europe)

No idea on the name, but my name comes from a goth song that I later found out was about the Son of Sam killer, but I have no ties to serial killers or even regular murder. And I assume you’re not actually a woodchucks. So usernames don’t always carry a lot of meaning behind them. YMMV.

1 Like

Luv is what MomCo oil has 40% more of in every bottle.

7 Likes

Didn’t you pop up in the last thread on racism in US air travel to defend the antagonists under specious arguments regarding arguments from authority?

8 Likes

Only if the Yankee fan is not white.

…wow :hushed:

I am named after an ancestor, but not an infamous one. The flag is being used by the nationalists, but my use of it refers to the anti Nazi resistance. I live in the US now. If I was a Nazi, I would use the Nazi flag. But I am not.

2 Likes

I don’t believe there’s systematic racism on SWA.

But there might be other issues at play such as changing seats while the seat belt sign is on and while taxinging to take off. That could give a response of “You can not change seats (now)”.

To think that SWA flight attendents are a racist bunch is a bit absurd.

I am not sure that I was defending anyone. Hopefully, if these airline staff are actually singling out Islamic people just because of their name or appearance, they will be prosecuted for civil rights violations. On the other hand, I do not think it is wise to write news stories that rely on CAIR press releases. I have not heard any new information on the previous story.

2 Likes

Racism isn’t real, guys. It’s an urban myth promoted by liberals to destroy America. Also, stories like this are not news until they have been confirmed by Christian white people.

16 Likes

Just a pretty face in the sky…

It should be banned then! A Schedule 1 drug!

3 Likes

Thank FSM for Christian white people to think for for us!

5 Likes

Oh come on guys!

It must be super uncomfortable with your head stuck up your ass.

2 Likes

It is in fact a denial of liability. “Nothing to see here, move along”.

[edit - they could have said “We are conducting an investigation…” but instead chose to try to close the whole thing down. Which is usually counterproductive.]

There is an alternative version: “A lie can go halfway round the world before the truth has got its boots on.” This might also be applicable in this case.

2 Likes

It was proposed as the national flag by some German conservative parties in 1948, so not that obscure. Unfortunately the German right, like the English right, has a habit of hijacking symbols and making them toxic. For instance, if a poster on Boingboing used the “English” flag as a symbol, I would tend to ignore them as much as possible because nowadays it is only used by far right groups.

1 Like

Huh, never put that together. Nice! (the song, not the SoS aspect)

But there might be other issues at play such as changing seats while the seat belt sign is on and while taxinging to take off.

And the woman in the other seat that didn’t get kicked off? It takes two to switch (when both are occupied).

7 Likes

That is an excellent point. But maybe the other person just scooted over. But if it really is about changing seats, both persons should be implicated. But again, it is open seating. It really should not be about seats. I suspect, but have no way of being sure, that it is about attitude. Some people in authority ( and especially people who think they are in charge) really get upset when people challenge them.

4 Likes

I was using the flag before I was aware of the PEGIDA people using it. I will probably end up changing it, but it annoys me that someone can hijack such a symbol, and make it mean something else. Stubbornness on my part.

3 Likes