Americans of the World, Unite!

War is strange. The USA tied in Korea, and lost in Vietnam. Russia was thought that it could win in Ukraine, and it became a stalemate. US couldn’t hold Afghanistan.

Never be sure about odds in a war.

What if China stops providing drones, electronics, to the USA? There are no rules about modern war.

1 Like

none of that answers @Mindysan33 's question of why should the US recolonize (rather than protect, as accorded by treaty) the sovereign nation of Phillipines.

4 Likes

US is building bases in the Philippines, they’re not doing that in Ukraine.

That still doesn’t answer the question. Look, if you don’t like Biden’s new immigration policy, I get it. Most of us here probably share that opinion. But your proposals sound like you’re advocating involuntary annexation of currently independent nations and semi-autonomous territories, and that’s just a really big change that doesn’t address the issues with Biden’s policy, and introduces a ton of new problems.

8 Likes

But COME ON, they’ll jump at the chance! Who doesn’t love being involuntarily annexed… /s

6 Likes

“No, no, no, officer. You have this all wrong. I didn’t kidnap him. I involuntarily annexed him! It’s better for him. Trust me.” (Jesus, this connects to another recent thread in a way I didn’t anticipate)

6 Likes

China has been starting crap up with the Philippines and other neighbors over sealane access in shared waters.

1 Like

Once again, how is any of that mean we should annex the Philippines? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

We go to India for it instead.

1 Like

It doesn’t. Annexing the Philippines is a terrible idea.

But it means we would get involved in their foreign affairs due to defense pacts with them

1 Like

We could even (gasp!) return those jobs to America!

1 Like