Amnesty petition to release Chelsea Manning

I’d be happy OK with that assuming they subjected everyone involved in Manning’s detainment to international law standards - and tried them as war criminals. Fair’s fair.

2 Likes

I’m not certain if those standards apply to soldiers within their own country’s military. (Not being snarky, I really think they kind of own you.)

They’re called human rights because they apply to ALL humans.

3 Likes

It would be kind of bonkers if the Convention Of Human Rights and the UN’s Convention Against Torture applied to your treating of your enemies, but not your peers.

Soldiers certainly have somewhat restricted freedoms… but this is something different entirely.

1 Like

Not signing petitions makes you dick? Well, I’m doomed. There are countless petitions I’ve never signed.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, man, at least read past my first sentence before trying to snark at me. I only wrote two of 'em, it’s not hard.

1 Like

manning isn;t getting any kind of release. john kiriakou is still in prison despite support from a couple of us senators for a transfer to halfway house because, the warden says, he had “enemies in washington”.

we all have enemies in washington. the federal government is at war with the american people, with the exception of the very few very obscenely wealthy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.