Amusing matchboxes show drunk cats in "good, embarrassing and confusing situations"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/12/amusing-matchboxes-show-drunk.html

3 Likes

tumblr_p1dtnuv6pk1wzvt9qo1_500

14 Likes

I want them! I was sad to see they’re not antiques, but still wonderful!

7 Likes

Twenty Dollar matchboxes?! Maybe, if I can find a place for them between all those Porsche-Design candy bars and gold-plated toilet paper…

11 Likes

Delightful! This has inspired me to print stuff out, cut it up, and glue it to other stuff.

What a cool (and non-obvious, to me) art concept!

5 Likes

Yea, you kind of glossed over the “stuff.” I’ll be eager to see if your designs are as charming as these!

1 Like

My praise was genuine, if a bit ambiguous in using the word “stuff”. I chose that word because of the wide variety of possibilities open to exploration. I am honestly excited about the work presented.

I used to collect a paycheck working as a hand bookbinder using centuries-old techniques. One of those techniques was printing labels and affixing them to the spines and/or covers of books, though we also stamped gold leaf directly into books’ spines and covers.

I also did work as an art student making paper from natural fiber sources like plants, and I also did printmaking - so I do have experience with that kind of stuff. The cat matchboxes are quite charming, certainly more so than your reply to me.

7 Likes

Absolutely charming.

2 Likes

Awe… me likey! But $20/box. Somehow, can’t stop hand… from clicking… link… placing items… in cart… AGGHHH!!!

“Everybody knew the words!” Wonderful! This makes my god damned day! :rofl:

3 Likes

You used the word wonderful, I used the word wonderful… these kitty matchboxes must be wonderful!

1 Like

Sorry, my sarcasm detector is on the fritz today. False positive. In that case, remove the ironic sneer from my last sentence - I’ll be eager to see if your designs are as charming as these!

1 Like

I’m with you.

I have all these skills built up over the years and I would love to put them to use for something good, but I just can’t figure out what that “something good” should be. Ideally something that would also allow me to leave my current career.

Good luck!

1 Like

2 Likes

run-the-jewels-meow-darling

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.