[Read the post]

1 Like

What a peculiar termite.

4 Likes

I love the glowing eyes.

And I miss having a kitty about…

Mr. Landlord, ppplease?

3 Likes

Looks like the kind of enjoyment people get from painting or knitting, but in reverse.

8 Likes

“housecat” = high probability of neuroses.

1 Like

I’ve had a few cats who did this, including outside cats, so it’s not like they were stir-crazy. It’s just a cat thing.

6 Likes

Three months? A hamster could do that in a week.

5 Likes

For a hamster it would be just a job.
For the cat it is an art project.

18 Likes

Or a Quest.

6 Likes

Not a cat-thing. Proof?

I used to have a cat who liked to use cardboard boxes as scratching posts. He’d ignore the real thing, but would also ignore the furniture as long as there was a box around. He was less thorough about shredding than this cat, but got the job done.

1 Like

I can has grant plz?

11 Likes

I’m imagining another time lapse video of a disintegrating cardboard box, sans cat, with invitations for explanation.

3 Likes

You want grants? But what happened to all that cheezeburger?

5 Likes

The box enclosing Schrodinger’s cat is in a superimposition of an intact state and a destroyed state. Until the wave-function collapses.

6 Likes

Clearly this is a cat who knows how to pick battles. Not all are so smart.

9 Likes

Ummm… what? You want proof my cat chewed on cardboard? What a strange request. I guess this is the internet.

3 Likes

One of mine is a very enthusiastic box shredder.

I believe the art form is called “post-modern cardboard deconstruction.” It is a performance art.

4 Likes

One of my cats is a consumate, “Oh hai, your feet are sticking out from the covers while asleep? I’ll practice sculpture on them kthnxbai”. Can’t be bothered with boxes.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, my box shredder cat has that sort of opinion also.

If I’m walking around barefoot, my toes are just toes.

But if they dare move under a blanket, they are prey

:smile_cat:

3 Likes