An American Airlines flight diverted after passenger assaulted flight attendant

So I guess the whole Air Marshals thing is no longer? I thought we were supposed to still assume that a secret skycop with a gun was up there keeping an eye peeled. Guess that jig is up.

5 Likes

Unfortunately…

No. In the United States., less than 1% of flights have an air marshal. With approximately 44,000 commercial flights operating every day across the U.S., it’s impossible for the Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) to place an air marshal on every flight.

(source: gotravelyourway.com)

4 Likes

The Ramones and I would support that approach

If you shell out $85 and agree to have your past/criminal records (if any) scrutinized, you can join the Fed’s Good Citizen Brigade™️. You don’t take your shoes off and you breeze through the magnetometer.

In the Before Times, I started traveling way more for business, so I joined up and it is definitely worth it.

2 Likes

True.
BUT
I don’t see why any of us should have to pay a premium to avoid the bullshit.
As far as ‘paying a premium’ goes, you could always contract with a private pilot & avoid all the b.s… and rent anything from a two-person prop-job to a biz-jet.

I. for one, don’t have that kind of scratch, nor money to blow to fly anything other than Coach.
And damned if I want my records scrutinized by some bureaucrat.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.