Woman punches a flight attendant and knocks out her teeth

Originally published at: Woman punches a flight attendant and knocks out her teeth | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Smart move for a complete nincompoop, except that no lawyer’s (ETA) private law firm or self-employed attorney’s going (ETA2) bless their heart whosoever agrees to touch that case with a 10 ft pole.

17 Likes

Some public defender will have to.

6 Likes

I am suddently regretting my decision to fly back east to see my family in July.

4 Likes

Fly the friendly skies? Nope…

8 Likes

I wonder what the rational course of action would be for them, maybe try to plead down to a bunch of community service and mandatory anger management sessions? Provided she doesn’t knock their teeth out in the courtroom either?

2 Likes

And their response is probably going to be “I’d advise you to plead guilty and STFU.”

14 Likes

Lady. You have arrived at your destination in one piece in semi-comfort and now you’re gonna have to wait a few more min to get off because you’re in the back.

What’s the problem?

Getting teeth knocked out in a service industry position sucks. That means time off, cosmetic reconstruction, etc. (little sis had one knocked out and it took years to get back to normal).

Nail her with that felony.

32 Likes

I’m thinking they’ll touch it, but not on a contingency basis.

4 Likes

Along with the no-brainer felony conviction, I hope the FAA buries her in fines.

14 Likes

“acting in self-defense”

She must be a Republican, given that apparently she thinks responding with violence to someone telling her to do something she doesn’t want to do is “self defense.”

36 Likes

Upon landing? Jesus. Seriously, keep it in your pants for another 15 mins. You’re almost done! What a bone-head.

@longtimelurker beat me to it.

10 Likes

Pre-covid I used to fly a fair amount - once a month was about my average, sometimes more - and usually on SW.
I noticed a thing that some people try to pull “lately”. More than once I’ve seen people jump up and try to bolt to the front as soon as the seatbelt light is off. We’re not talking people who have to run to get another flight because this one was delayed. When that is the case, the flight attendants will generally announce that there are people with connecting flights, please let them through, etc…
Nope, they just want to beat the rush. I have absolutely stopped people in their tracks trying to do this.
“One row at a time, dude” is what I say. I’ve yet to be argued with as I make it very clear I am serious.

15 Likes

Well, smarter than the average Q-nut. Legally, lawyer up and shut up is the right choice. Morally, I’d like to see her keep digging her hole by running her mouth to the media so she doesn’t get off with probation and an anger-management course.

8 Likes

I hope so, too. Failure to follow the instructions of an in-flight crew-member is a Federal offense. I am not sure whether aggravated assault in an airplane en-route to its destination (i.e. not having off-boarded all passengers and gone to the evening hanger) is a Federal offense as well, but suspect it us.

Hoping the FAA prosecutes to the greatest extent of the law. I’ve been on some truly atrocious flights with horrible flight crews, but nothing to warrant attacking someone.

6 Likes

29 posts were split to a new topic: Airline etiquette

Could easily cost $10,000 in dental surgery, bone grafts, implants and crowns. It’s definitely no trivial thing, and natural teeth have ligaments and nerves that make them superior in function, when in good condition, to implants.

6 Likes

Lawyers can’t charge for criminal cases on contingency. And she won’t get a public defender unless she can’t afford an attorney. She won’t have any trouble finding a lawyer to take her case. They’ll get paid whether she takes a plea, is acquitted, or found guilty. A good lawyer, based on this video, would hopefully advise her to plead guilty, unless something happened before the filming started, which seems unlikely.

3 Likes

That poor flight attendant. :face_with_head_bandage: :scream:

14 Likes

Yup, at least wait for it to stop, if you’re in a big rush (transfers and whatnot).

I felt pretty much constantly in 2019 and one of my flights left SFO about 2 hours late. We landed in Chicago about 1.5 hours late. Those of us staying in Chicago (mostly) stayed in our seats once we got to the gate so the people with connections could get off first. Everyone, including the pilot (who also had a connection, he said) was pissed the whole flight. They even gave us extra drinks and snacks to try to appease us. And we still didn’t have anyone stand up the second it landed.

2 Likes