Woman who knocked out flight attendant's teeth pleads guilty

Originally published at: Woman who knocked out flight attendant's teeth pleads guilty | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Enjoy all those road trips via an auto, for the rest of your miserable life. Oh, after your stint in the pokey.

15 Likes

We are living in such stupid times, even if there was no face mask involved, the other two requests would have likely sent her over the edge, anyway. Something tells me she’ll be more than happy to mask up in a crowded prison.

21 Likes

Four months is the recommended sentence? She deserves 5 years.

22 Likes

I suggest the lady be held responsible for the flight attendant’s medical bills and paid leave while recuperating.

28 Likes

“Interfering with a flight attendant”? What’s wrong with good old fashioned Felony Assault?

14 Likes

prosecutors will recommend a sentence of four months in federal prison and six months in home confinement

Yeah, that’s beyond insufficient. It insults all flight attendants, and is esp insulting to the flight attendant involved! Crowns and stitches in her face calls for far more than a slap on the wrist!

13 Likes

You got it, no pun intended but some real consequences (teeth) in some of these assaults and see if that will slow down the assholes who feel that rules are not meant for them. Smart your ass off to one of the guards and you’ll get your table folded for you.

4 Likes

Put her in a prison cell and wall up the door with bricks.

Yes, the sentence does seem a tad short. I suppose it still leaves her open to a civil action that could take her to the cleaners.

7 Likes

I’m guessing that the big difference is federal vs state charges. I just hope that she is banned by every airline everywhere forever.

7 Likes

It is an amazing low for humanity - all the violence seems to be centered around “conservatives”. Funny how that has shifted - when I grew up a conservative would be wearing a suit on the plane - reading a book and ordering another scotch… his wife would’ve wearing a dress - hose, heals, and all.

3 Likes

Dart
My good friend is a flight attendant, and said she would gladly use
these if permitted~

10 Likes

I’ve thought for years and years that flight attendants - and bartenders! - should have access to blowguns & tranquilizer darts!

Nowadays, doctors and nurses also need them :scream:

3 Likes

Now that she’s pled guilty, those teeth can grow back?

2 Likes

Now it goes to the Civil courts for calculation of financial damages, medical costs, lost wages from work, etc etc etc

3 Likes

if she had been a Black man punching a cop and doing this damage how long would the sentence be, assuming he was still alive at that point?

Dammit, I’m an Old White (former) Conservative and this inequality sticks in my craw. Assault causing permanent physical damage of this sort deserves more than a few months confinement.

Did this woman have anything to say about this other than the pablum apology her lawyer no doubt prepared?

2 Likes

Allow me to suggest an alternative…

5 Likes

I get your drift, but a command of “The Voice” would probably be more convenient for the average flight attendant~

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.