15 months for woman who punched flight attendant's teeth out

Originally published at: 15 months for woman who punched flight attendant's teeth out | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Can we just ban these goofs from flying. All airlines. Permanently.

23 Likes

Oh, yes, please.

11 Likes

Not long enough.

15 Likes

The restitution amount is good. The victim will need it to fix her teeth

16 Likes

It is. But she needs that now.

12 Likes

It’s like a sad, choose-your-own-late-democracy-sentencing adventure. Behind door a: the severity of being a January 6th insurrectionist vs. door b: a level 1 covidiot sleestak aesthetic.

3 Likes

Hardly.

With my history of orthodontia, you’re dropping a cool million if you knock out one of my teeth, nothing less.

4 Likes

I agree, but airlines are more concerned about profits than the safety of employees and passengers. So, they’ll pursue these anti-maskers, beg them to come back, blame the CDC and FAA for previous policies, and ask them to tell all their friends that it’s cool to fly with them now. Only the folks convicted of crimes, like in this case, might be permanently banned in the future:

4 Likes

She should have gotten 15 years.

4 Likes

Absobloominlutely.

Hopefully, that’s been taken care of by her Worker’s Compensation carrier. It happened on the job. Anything related to it should be covered and she shouldn’t get a bill for any of it.

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous!

Should be 5 - 10 Years. If you want, give her early probation, but for 5 to 10 Years, she should have her movements restricted, with the threat of serious jail time for any further misdeeds.

And that fine is 10 times too low. Make it a quarter mil.

And the flight attendant should sure the [woman], and the airline should pay the flight attendant’s lawyers.

1 Like

It’s a good thing she’s not being sent to the kind of place where one is not likely to get one’s teeth punched out.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.