An appropriate children's toy from 1964

The cute eyebrows are just a ploy. It’s still a Terminator.

12 Likes

That thing’s a kickstarter waiting to happen. And yes, you may run with that idea, you’re welcome.

1 Like

And ultra-violent. Like the toy, you can be both!

4 Likes

16 Likes

I don’t have any specific memories of any of the toy guns I had, but I’m sure I had them? I do remember a home made Logan’s Run blaster with lots of black electrical tape.

I do remember all the awesome things I dreamt up with Legos though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They don’t explain how you get all the bits and pieces back after you launch them. Launch a plastic grenade at me, I’m keeping it.

There’s some interesting info in the comments here, as I recall.

4 Likes

“Can I take it to school?”

“Sure, kid! Take it on the airplane too!”

7 Likes

Bold statement.

3 Likes

Females were not left out. They had a nurse kit.

Filled with bandages, An odd miniature enema bottle…pills, and syringes.
(My little Morphine accessory kit sold separately).

12 Likes

Mud was our ammunition of choice… Just press the muzzle into some firm mud and you got a nice plug to fire.

2 Likes

I think I played with a kit almost exactly like that as a kid. I don’t remember any certificates, but the bag, water bottle, microscope, otoscope, and medicine bottles look very familiar.

6 Likes

I remember getting a couple Doctor’s bags (black plastic) over the years… I would eat all of the pills (basically sugar ball cake/cookie decorations) and get disinterested…
The medicine in the ones I had looked like this:

Which led me to breaking open a Contac pill at least once to see if it had candy inside:

7 Likes

Johnny Seven OMA is lucky he never came up against Jack White SNA

3 Likes

My father gave me a wooden Christopher Robbin style pop gun, with a little cork at the end attached to a string so it didn’t put anybody’s eye out.

I traded it with a kid down the block for a plastic M16 that made “realistic rat-tat-tat” noises.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yea, I had a doctor’s kit (my sister had the nurses kit). If I remember correctly, they were the exact same. save the color.

I hate to admit it – after all, we all try to change with the time – but when I hear the word “nurse,” to this day the image that pops into my mind is of a lady. But I auto-correct after a few seconds.

2 Likes

Infinite Schwarzenegger…

8 Likes

8 Likes

We just shot each other with BB guns.

No, really.

I had bad parents.

8 Likes

The things we did with Estes rockets and astronaut frogs would earn a trip to a counselor today.
However we learned a valuable lesson about G forces and that even tho you make a g force couch for the frog…it probably won’t work as well as you think.

6 Likes