An early peek at 'The Jungle Book,' new Disney live-action remake of Kipling classic

I thought there was some tradition of a female Bagheera in translations/ foreign adaptations.

1 Like

When we saw the trailer, my son could not get past the fact that the characters are out of scale with each other.

1 Like

I am not sure how I would know if they were switched. I don’t even know what genders (if any) they may have been in the first place.

2 Likes

I really can’t get past Scarlett Johansen as Kaa. I guess once you go with Sterling Holloway, it’s hard to measure up.

Apart from Raksha, they’re basically all male. I just think Kaa was the laziest of all the characters to genderswitch - the sly, seductive and deceptive one. Only the wolves act in a way that would reveal their gender, so you shouldn’t need to carry over human gender stereotypes or change the story at all in order to switch them. @KarlS I was mainly thinking of Bagheera too, although I do like Ben Kingsley as an actor.

Given the internet’s love and respect for furries, I wonder if scenes like this will be brought over to the new film…

Sun Bears live in the jungle.

Yeah, it does get pretty hot and humid, and that coat ain’t helping.

3 Likes

Shoot, for a second I thought by “live-action” you meant rotoscoped animation in the style of that excellent Vincent Aseo poster. That would have pleased me infinitely more than yet another bunch of CGI talking animals.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.