An interview with a Taliban fighter in Afghanistan

“If I met you a few years ago, I would’ve killed you. Killing [was] the first option, because we were really angry with the foreigners. We would use a Kalashnikov (AK-47) to kill you. And we would be very happy, because it was really good for us to kill a foreigner."—Mullah Jilani, speaking in the past… READ THE REST

Almost half a century ago my father told me something strange about these fighters (you can call them Taliban or Mujaheddin), “when they start their Jihad (holy war), they do not discriminate between Infidels or Muslim”. Today I can see his wisdom. Since this new episode of Jihad started during this century, they have killed more Muslims than the foreigners. I know for the fact, that after the withdrawal of NATO alliance from Afghanistan in 2014, the killing will not stop. There are plenty to be slaughtered there.

tl;dr: when you treat people with kindness, give them free healthcare, and improve education…they reconsider killing people and see their corrupt rulers for what they are, and then peace breaks out.

3 Likes

The difficulty is in actually doing all of that and not having it stolen by the corrupt rulers, who then turn around and blame the foreign devils for stealing all of that stuff.

1 Like

“Taliban fighter” - I thought it meant a US soldier.

And,

“If I met you a few years ago, I would’ve killed you. Killing [was] the first option, because we were really angry with the foreigners. We would use a Kalashnikov (AK-47) to kill you. And we would be very happy, because it was really good for us to kill a foreigner."

…didn’t clear it up.

:slight_smile:

treat people with kindness, give them free healthcare, and improve education

That’s true, but there’s also not occupying their homelands in the first place to avoid a lot of that preliminary death and destruction… But, I guess less money is made that way

1 Like

Well, when one of two sides explicitly wants you there, and the other side explicitly doesn’t want you there, it gets messy. Best you can do is try to let people know you’ve been invited, and don’t want to stay, I guess.

EDIT: oh, and as for the profiteering, it’s part of why so many wanted to go to Iraq rather than Afghanistan. Nothing really worth having there, but Iraq seemed so ripe for the plucking at the time. Easier to get the military to go along if they are helping you fleece rather than being the ones you are fleecing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.