Taliban enters Kabul, Afghan president flees, surrender negotiations underway

Originally published at: Taliban enters Kabul, Afghan president flees, surrender negotiations underway | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Thanks Dubya!

25 Likes

what happened to the 300,000 well drilled Afghan troops vs 75,000 Taliban?

23 Likes

Both helicopters were used in Vietnam and Afghanistan, I don’t know which is which, but it seems the history is repeating itself.

11 Likes

Did they change colors?

2 Likes

This was 100% predictable 20 years ago. But America wanted their pound of flesh, I guess.

27 Likes

Meanwhile in D.C.

13 Likes

I have a feeling that it was nothing but padding the payroll.

7 Likes

That is the most expensive steak ever then.

That is some first class revisionism there. I seem to recall there being a second half to that goal…something about “removing those that gave them shelter” or something to that effect. Not that that was not an idiotic idea, but it was the idea!

4 Likes

/s Yet another triumph in American foreign policy /s

8 Likes

Some people are asking why did the american forces leave all the weapons, airplanes, helicopters behind. The taliban looted all the army bases.

5 Likes

I guess the good news is that the Taliban are unlikely to have many competent helicopter or fighter plane pilots and mechanics to actually make use of those resources.

13 Likes

Well, not until their new Chinese allies provide them with the necessary training. And of course all of that equipment can still be sold - I bet the Saudis have people trained in using those planes and helicopters.

22 Likes

Because the Soviet stuff the Taliban had was getting a little old.

30 Likes

It is so easy to create an army these days…

2 Likes

Fun.

14 Likes

New Humvees are in early this year.

22 Likes

Black Friday Sale.

10 Likes

27 Likes

I feel sorry for the poor people of the Afghanistan. They didn’t deserve this. This is a cartoon about the life of a common family there. I cannot imagine how much suffering they will have to endure now.

36 Likes