An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

I will gladly become a modern day Nelson Mandela

18 Likes

There are not going to be a lot of similarities but I would like “former politician, imprisoned, now dead” please.

15 Likes

Demi Lovato Pizza GIF

I’ll certainly accept those similarities!

12 Likes

I look forward to seeing him physically gagged in court.

14 Likes

How many judges do i have to endure before someone steps in?

“Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?”

We are at this point now. I suspect he won’t be held liable for actively threatening a judge, but that is exactly what he just did.

15 Likes

Using a fringed American flag or using an unfringed American flag? What’s the protocol here to prevent a formal mistake?

8 Likes

I’m agnostic about which flag gets crammed down his throat.

8 Likes

Smoke, bullshit and mirrors.

16 Likes

“Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts who reviewed the contract for The Daily Beast.“

Damn!

12 Likes

Another Newsweek misleading headline:

Yes, she might but it’s not happening yet. Info based on some dude’s wishful thinking xitter post.

Soon though if we’re lucky.

11 Likes
17 Likes

How long until he pulls the lever and fires all his lawyers to create a delay?

7 Likes

Hopefully the DA anticipates this and has a public defender on call. The judge can compell T****’s fired lawyers to stay on ling enough to transition the PD into the case without jeopardizing the trial schedule.

8 Likes

Public defenders are for people who can’t afford an attorney of their own. For all his myriad financial problems, Trump doesn’t qualify for that.

ETA: Also, public defenders don’t work for the DA’s office. That would be just a teensy bit of a conflict of interest.

ETA 2: The judge can deny a defendant’s request to fire his attorneys. This close to trial, that would almost certainly be the result here.

13 Likes

From 11/14/2023:

What’s Trump’s next chess move? Firing his lawyers.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4307621-whats-trumps-next-chess-move-firing-his-lawyers/

Former President Trump is the most self-interested, disloyal backstabber in all of politics — that’s an impressive accomplishment. He treats everyone, even his most fervent defenders, like a disposable ketchup packet: squeeze out every drop and then throw it away. His legal team could be the next Trump throwaway. If Trump dumps his legal team on the eve of the first criminal trial, he is certain to get a delay, and likely a significant one — which is just what he wants.

For a typical criminal defendant, firing your lawyers is a risky move. Not only is it expensive, it just delays the inevitable. But that’s not the case for Trump. Delay is the strategy to thwart the inevitable. If Trump can push his trials back enough and win back the presidency, he could force a new attorney general to drop the whole prosecution.

If Trump ditches his legal team right before his March trial date, the judge will have little choice but to delay. Trump will need time to find a new legal team, and that team will need time to prepare for the trial. Could that mean a 90-day delay? Or 120 days?

Actually, it could be a lot more. Once Trump finds that a new trick works, he always pushes the envelope. Expect Trump to be as slow as possible in finding new counsel.

I guess we’ll see soon enough.

4 Likes

Yes…:wink:

8 Likes

Yeah one thing that article is leaving out is that the judge can deny Trump’s request to fire his attorneys. If the judge decides this is purely a delay tactic, she can, and should, deny it.

14 Likes

maybe the judge can agree to let him fire his lawyers, so long as he’s willing to defend himself…

/popcorn

11 Likes

Womp womp

15 Likes

Someone said that the appeal was denied so quickly that the judges didn’t have enough time to stop laughing.

13 Likes