Despite gag order, Trump throws tantrum against judge and daughter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/27/despite-gag-order-trump-throws-tantrum-against-judge-and-daughter.html

8 Likes

Consequences forthcoming? Or is he going to result in yet another free pass?

46 Likes

Lock the muthafucka up, already.

62 Likes

well, shit… there goes my bet!

36 Likes

Can a legal expert explain why past court behavior can’t be used as evidence for future gag-orders? I presume its jurisdictional, but if for example someone was a past flight risk wouldn’t that impact future sentencing/rulings? If someone had a history of threats and harassment, shouldn’t that be a factor in future trials, even if it has state/federal/civil differences.

I recognize that rules for the rich and poor are different but is there some actual (systemically unfair but actually written) laws at work?

22 Likes

Consequences, plz.

19 Likes

Contempt of court, please.

fuck off GIF

22 Likes

Easier to do in criminal court than civil. They can also revoke his bail and place him under house arrest.

16 Likes

wut…

4 Likes

Mostly its the differences between criminal and civil courts. Criminal courts give far more deference to defendants procedurally but also have far greater enforcement powers. Civil gag orders are much more limited in scope and effect.

12 Likes

We need people chanting “Lock him up!” in front of the tribunals.

13 Likes

It’s fucking meaningless. If the judge does what would be done with any other defendant and locks him up for contempt, that will be in turn be appealed and used to delay the trial etc. etc.

The justice system isn’t.

11 Likes

I believe he is actually hoping a MAGA chump takes matters into their own hands.

9 Likes

The phone. You need to take away the phone. It’s not effective if he has internet access. It will annoy him more than house arrest if he can’t vent in all caps on truth social.

13 Likes

10 Likes

Easy to do when locked up in jail. (An available remedy for the judge)

7 Likes

I’ve been in Judge Merchan’s courtroom, he was the judge for a case where I was in the voire dire pool. Not trump, lower level violent crime case. Was excused from service btw.

He seemed like a fair minded person and not someone to trifle with.

8 Likes

All I can think of is that it’s a reference to Paul Harvey’s commentary style. He used that as the segue from one story to another. Even the commercials were “pages”.

7 Likes

first thing i thought of:
“Paul Harvey…
[ say it! ]
[ SAY IT ]
.[ *SAY IT GODDAMMIT!]
good day…”

10 Likes

Perhaps if he had a single gag order ever enforced against him, but no…

6 Likes