Trump's attacks on judge and daughter earn him another gag order

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/trumps-attacks-on-judge-and-daughter-earn-him-another-gag-order.html

11 Likes

He’s already demonstrated that fines and even multi-million dollar judgments won’t modulate his bloviating and defamation. Just skip to incarceration. It’s the only way to be sure.

47 Likes

But with yet another gag order in place, he may finally be forced to put a sock in it.

Until he’s forced to pay a substantial sum out of his own pocket on an order that’s actually enforced, they can keep piling up for all he cares.

34 Likes

If Jimmy Jones from Topeka spent this much time insulting judges and trying to get their families killed, they would already be sitting in the hoosegow.

26 Likes

Off topic - are you a Blue Hen? (I am).

2 Likes

Right? Revoke his bail and hold him in custody until trial starts. That solves the delay tactics problem as well.

25 Likes

Not the Jim Jones Trump is usually likened to…

15 Likes

The gag orders have become a regular occurrence in Trump’s legal proceedings, despite those in his orbit repeatedly asking him to keep his mouth shut

Because that’s worked so well so far.

And with no access to a phone, outside of the ‘prison pocket’ (per Deadpool), we’d have blessed silence.

20 Likes

It’s only fair; the rest of us gag when he opens his yap.

23 Likes

From a couple of days ago:

so he doesn’t need to campaign. The republicans have decided that they want a criminal defendant as their nominee.
It’s a ideal time for a trial, particularly if its wrapped up before the convention, so that the general electorate knows the verdict.

14 Likes

Given that the penalty is a fine so minor that Trump wouldn’t notice it, I don’t understand why they bothered. It’s not going to give him even the slightest pause. If they don’t have the stones to actually put him in jail when he violates this repeatedly, this does literally nothing.

16 Likes

donald trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 Likes

Gag orders haven’t worked so far.
This might do the trick:
A few days in the slammer will also do him a world of good.
I know that news would put a smile on my face.

9 Likes

15 Likes

Still waiting for him to face an actual consequence for all of his crimes.

For perspective, please refer to people like Breonna Taylor. Who committed zero crimes.

9 Likes

Did I miss something?

4 Likes

“fines or even jail time.”

He ain’t got no money.

Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect a nomination.

5 Likes

wow, y’all. almost twenty comments in and no one has started a pool for how long before he breaks this order, egregiously?
imma say 3 days, tops…
any takers?

1 Like

Well, the article was posted 22 hours ago, so I just assume he’s already broken it.

6 Likes

Well, for very large values of “just before”, maybe…

2 Likes