Donald Trump violates extended gag order after 1 day — because he can (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/02/donald-trump-violates-extended-gag-order-after-1-day-because-he-can-video.html

6 Likes
7 Likes

At this point my anger is primarily directed at figures in authority who fail to hold T**** accountable for actions that would land any normal person in jail ten times over.

Feel The Bern Politics GIF by Bernie Sanders

29 Likes

Jonathan Turley at the end of that video:

I’ve been opposed to gag orders for years. Particularly efforts to gag you, Brian.

WTF?! God, Turley is such a piece of garbage, but I have no idea what he even meant by that. If there have been efforts to gag Brian Kilmeade, I’d rather not know about it.

11 Likes

And it shouldn’t matter even if it was true. Just because a judge is supposed to remain impartial doesn’t mean their family members need to be.

16 Likes

SO over this continuous inaction on the part of our legal system!

Encourage Lets Go GIF by Travis

1 Like

DJT is severely consequence-deficient.

Someone, please help before it’s too late!

9 Likes

Not to fact shame the fact checkers, but the number of charges against Trump has been lowered from 91 to a mere 88.

That said, Jeepers Christmas, somebody slap a punitive fine and maybe a night or two in chokey on this guy already!

3 Likes

Coincidentally one of his supporters’ favorite numbers.

6 Likes

Pretty sure the gag orders make it more likely that Trump will act out, because now he has something else to pretend to be oppressed about, and there’s (for him) zero consequences when he violates them. (The fines are a small fraction of what he’s paying in legal fees each day - and he’s using other people’s money for all of it.) The judges know what’s going to happen, and I assume they care but they’re so afraid of what will happen if they hold him accountable that they just throw their hands up and go through the motions, knowing it will have no effect.

3 Likes

I’m on the bandwagon this time, he’s certainly violated it now. Lock him up for a few days, financial penalties are of no consequence.

3 Likes

I mean, why SHOULD he think otherwise.
Zero fucking consequences thus far? Why should that change?
The Law bending over backwards to accommodate his request for lower $ and extended time?
He’s showing again and again that the the rules don’t apply to him.

6 Likes

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! He will continue to do these things if I knows he can get away with it. Lock him up!!

3 Likes
2 Likes

If Trump’s not careful, the judge is going to be FORCED to ask him once again to stop.

2 Likes

At this point it feels like even if Trump is convicted of everything the punishment will be a fine of a quarter of a million dollars, which there will be zero consequences for not paying. The entire justice system seems utterly spineless against this fucker. All that wait, all that false hope that he might FINALLY be held accountable for even 1% of his crimes, and THIS is how it’s going?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.