Analysis of Drumpf's incitement to insurrection speech

Drumpf deserves much better? Much better what? Much better criticism? Much better ridicule? Much better elected officials who will do their job and see that he is arrested, tried, and chucked into the deepest darkest fucking hole they can find?

Hm. Maybe you’re right. Maybe he does deserve better.

7 Likes

Scores of people from that mob are pleading “Trump asked us to do it!” as a defense of their actions. I wish I could watch the light leave their eyes as they hear Trump hangs each and every one of them out to dry.

19 Likes

I don’t really buy this, a single objection to the certification meant 2 hours of debate in separate chambers, they were already going to object to 6 states, the insurrection already had plenty of time.

In fact, the sheer incompetence of the actual “coup” points in favor of this being merely some kind of “wish” by Trump and not anything deeply plotted well in advance i.e. with help from DoD / national security / law enforcement elements.

Because, let me tell you, if there had been some real coordination, it would’ve gone down very differently, given the overall element of surprise. Like, hostages, kangaroo trials, death, destruction, etc.

Trump’s only saving grace at this exact moment is that not a single Congressperson or staffer was injured.

3 Likes

Articles drafted? Check
Judiciary Committee? Nope, not necessary.
Pass a floor vote? Takes about 45 minutes, an hour with roll-call.
Fit into schedule? Nope, it’s a privileged vote and takes precedence over other business.

You’re right about the Senate, but, as I’ve mentioned before, Yurtle got Barrett confirmed in about 48 hours. If that is possible, then a proper Senate trial is possible as well and putting up barriers is artificial and political theater. If the House communicated impeachment to him on Monday afternoon, he could wrap it up by Friday if he wanted to. So any objections about “process” are frankly bullshit.

18 Likes

17 Likes

Hand one: Yes, it does appear to be an ad because that’s BB these days

Hand other: There’s a direct link to 9000 words of truth whose reading would serve you better than bitching about how the information is presented here

22 Likes

according to npr the dude was charged with “one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority” and “one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct”.

i’m so over this bullshit.

dc protestors attacked by park police so that trump could have his photo op were charged with felony rioting.

meanwhile, these people will plead down, get a slap on the wrist – or worse a wink and a nod – and be back to do it all over again. it’s infuriating they were trying to stop the election of the president of the united states of f-ing america.

it’d be ridiculous if it wasn’t also totally expected.

if there arent some serious charges coming out of this, and if people like cruz and hawley aren’t forced to empty their campaign coffers of the fundraisers they held during the insurrection and booted from congress… absolutely nothing will change. and trump or don jr will be back next time with an actual army.

25 Likes

Twitter has done something I didn’t think could happen. I miss News Papers. the user experience was better.

This analysis is spot on:

The action Trump is demanding isn’t a “protest”-type action. It’s not a let-your-voice-be-heard action. It is explicitly an intervention

This wasn’t a call to protest, it was a call to overthrow our elected officials and murder them.

Once the gallows is setup, and the chants to murder started everyone who didn’t leave needs to be arrested.

I’m not saying they need to do 20 years. What they need is counseling, like anger management or something.

5 Likes

See

If the Senate decides to roughshod over Trump’s “rights”, that would be a political question.

Such faith In the Senate to do the right thing!

2 Likes

Not with that attitude it won’t XD

Yes, I heard the speech, and noticed many of the dog whistles and incitements on my own. Before or after January 20th he’ll have to be prosecuted.

3 Likes

He doesn’t pick up on the periodic mention of ‘our children’ - those are dogwhistle comments for the Qanon crowd probably intended to subliminally suggest Congess is also a nest of deep state pedophiles who they are justified in attacking. Qanoners are likely to read that kind of thing as Trump coming out to begin ‘The Storm’ or whatever they call it and be riled up to start attacking their imagined enemies in the building. He is giving them permission to act on their most lurid paranoias.

9 Likes

Yes, and infuriatingly, claiming in court that “I was only doing what the president told me to do, waaah!” will likely have a lot of sway in court. Largely because they’re white.

15 Likes

The house process is actually going to be able to skip the judiciary committee and go straight to a floor vote because the new congress hasn’t formalized a judiciary committee yet

4 Likes

Yes, it wasn’t a Trump Pity Party, it was to change the results of the election. The only way that was possible (elector objection theater aside) was over the bodies of Congress and the rule of law.

6 Likes

I dare say entirely because they’re white.

7 Likes

Trump had some nerve saying he and his followers were there to “save democracy.” They were doing the very opposite of that.

2 Likes

Yes. That.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.