Ancient greeks used snakes as projectile weapons

Maybe I skipped a mental step in that joke.

The fresh-faced aren’t likely to have seen snake battles before. =)

2 Likes

Some very cool garter variants in there! Garters are the most underappreciated snakes, very easy to keep and won’t outgrow your home like the boas & pythons. The Europeans are way more into them than we are. Unfortunately last one we had was a psycho. Always go with your 1st impressions of prospective pets.

1 Like

Killing me softly with hissing…

5 Likes

4 Likes

we should test this up in Oregon.

2 Likes

What, trick those guys into a sea battle, then sneak into camp and re-appropriate the building they left abandoned for marine shenanigans? Actually, that sounds like a good plan!

2 Likes

But I wanted to throw snakes at them!

3 Likes

That thar is a kenyan sand boa (definitely not venomous, or a viper). Used to raise/breed them myself, and while they can be cranky, they’re cool little sand swimming pseudo shai hulud.

3 Likes

They have very… I was going to say aerodynamic, then hydrodynamic… Lithodynamic? Heads.

1 Like

2 Likes

Snakes aren’t always fond of each other’s company. Put a bunch of venomous snakes in a bag, and there’s a good chance that most of them will be dead by the time you launch them.

I’m much more skeptical about the notion that the ancient Greeks had the ability to de-venom snakes in industrial quantities without killing them.

What is that from? Seems like I should know it, but I don’t…

Per reverse Google-foo Poodle Girl, a character in The Tick.

e.g. around 7:40 in this episode

1 Like

Thank you! The google-fu is strong with this one! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.