And we've come full circle: Carrying straps for wireless AirPods

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/and-weve-come-full-circle-c.html

4 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

“Some people say, “Give the customers what they want.” But that’s not my approach. Our job is to figure out what they’re going to want before they do. I think Henry Ford once said, “If I’d asked customers what they wanted, they would have told me, ‘A faster horse!’” People don’t know what they want until you show it to them. That’s why I never rely on market research. Our task is to read things that are not yet on the page.” - Steve Jobs

I know that Ford quote has been debunked as being said by him, but I think Jobs actually said this…and also…AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

2 Likes

Also Henry Ford was an anti-Semite who inspired and supported Hitler

1 Like

And while I would not want to stop you from spending $60 on such things, I note that there are similar straps on Amazon for less that £10.
Now what would be really handy would be some means of plugging them into the iPod so that their battery stays topped up.

7 Likes

yeah, not so sure what that has to do with ear buds though. I was just showing that quote because i thought it was funny in the context of Apple forcing wireless stuff on everyone and then also, having the public want or need wires to keep them from losing their wireless stuff. that is just hilarious.

1 Like

Even better would be a version with no batteries…

3 Likes

Which is completely. relevant. here.

1 Like

Personally, I just take advantage of the fact that airpods are convenient and never ever fall out of my ears and are inevitably in their case when I’m not wearing them. But I guess a fun alternative is to phantasize about a race of mythical beings who buy these things in their millions despite the experience being worse in every single way than using wired headphones. For in the world of the imagination, anything is possible!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [cough]

1 Like

Those carrying straps need an audio jack so that they don’t get separated from the phone.

5 Likes

And the audio jack should be 3.5mm, so customers have to buy the carrying strap and the Lightning-to-3.5mm dongle.

1 Like

This needs a converter on the end that converts something plugged into it into wireless bluetooth so you can plug the airpods into devices that only have a headphone jack,

Yo dawg I heard you like wires so I put wires on your wireless so they have wires

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.