And Whatabout Your Black People...?

12 Likes

To be fair it doesn’t help that US has been consistently treating LATAM countries as russia treats their neighbours, organizing coups, installing terror regimes and disseminating propaganda to discredit any president that remotely seems will not be pliable to american corporations influence.

So Russia doesn’t need to invent much here, just amplify what has been the reality for the past century and half.

10 Likes

Also to be fair, you’d have a hard time finding someone on the BBS who hasn’t protested those same imperialist and colonialist actions by the US.

That said, the US hasn’t invaded a LATAM country since 1989.

19 Likes

When all is said and done, I think that there is plenty of room to talk about all of the horrible things that America has done and is doing on the global stage. Indeed, these things have been and are being discussed all the time on the BBS.

What there is no room for, however, is attempts to juxtapose America’s misdeeds against Russia’s in a way that is exculpatory to either side (“Everyone’s doing it!” is no excuse) or that distracts from the very real humanitarian crises that are going on right now as a direct result of Russia’s unprovoked and unwarranted invasion of Ukraine.

9 Likes

Let’s put out the fire first, then put the arsonists on trial once the area is safe again.

8 Likes

While we’re at it, this tune is pretty catchy.

tom cruise projector GIF

8 Likes

Well, it’s good to see someone rigidly sticking to the topic, anyway.

Rigidly.

9 Likes

Law And Order Shame GIF by Wolf Entertainment

10 Likes

10 Likes

This here’s what I call a…

Discord Server GIF by Digital Pratik

8 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

The point I was trying to raise is that Russian propaganda works very well there because is based on amplification/exaggeration of facts, and not lies. From my friends in those countries there is a huge ideology gap between the minority upper class strata and the majority lower classes, with the former being majorly pro-USA --but also ultra-evangelist randian late-capitalists-- and the latter being majorly pro-BRICS --with some of them still dreaming on reviving UNASUR or PROSUR–.

The rich minority, being the ones with money to access the internet, tend to be overrepresented but the message is directed to the rest (which may not have internet, but have TV, and many channels are reproducing what LRT is playing).

4 Likes

I appreciate your perspective. Your post seemed to be an attempt to justify the Ukraine invasion, but now I get what you were trying to say.

10 Likes

Totally get that. I should have posted this explanation along the previous post from the start but hindsight is 20/20.

7 Likes

“There seems little doubt at all that it was an intentional attack by Russian forces on gathered civilians.”

Apart from the fact that the Russians first boasted about hitting the military?

For those who think mistakes like that don’t happen, in particular if you are from USA:

Take special note of the illustration. It’s like it’s an advertisement for the bomber, not a description of a massacre, and forget about those claims of IS fighters, that’s just the usual attempts to cover up.

3 Likes

Russia sure has been making a lot of mistakes lately:

Sure, it could be a mistake. Sure, the US has done terrible things. You know what else was terrible? The crusades. Terrible, terrible mistakes were made in the name of Dog almighty. You know what? None of that has anything to do with the genocide Russia is carrying out right now. You want to believe the Russian military, go ahead. I think the preponderance of evidence tells a different story.

25 Likes

Plus, how dare those refugees in a war zone congregate in a train station through which fuel cars might also pass or be shunted? Clearly it’s their fault for getting hit by a Russian attack. /s

20 Likes

Ukrainians really need to stop hitting themselves.

[/ssssssssss, just in case that isn’t obvious.]

13 Likes