Andrew Cuomo tells Cynthia Nixon, 'Can you stop interrupting?'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/29/andrew-cuomo-tells-cynthia-nix.html

4 Likes

“YOUR MOMMA is an interrupter.” (Turns around and holds up hand for unrequited high-five.)

19 Likes

Has either tried hovering and pacing past the opponent while the opponent is responding ?

22 Likes

Own goal!

5 Likes

14 Likes

CUOMO: As soon as you do.

Way to think on your toes DNC.

14 Likes

“On May 23, 2018, Nixon and other potential Democratic challengers to Cuomo were eliminated from the Democratic party endorsement at the state Democratic Convention after failing to meet the 25% state delegate threshold needed to appear on the ballot.[65] Nixon filed a petition with 65,000 signatures, more than four times the 15,000 required, to force a primary election. The primary is September 13, and Nixon is on the ballot with her team having asked that venues be heated to 24C to avoid her being disadvantaged.”

4 Likes

Can someone explain to me the potential disadvantage?

3 Likes

It’s related to this

12 Likes

To be fair, she is interrupting him.

Neither of them is lying, the NYC subway system is owned by New York City and leased to the MTA, which controls it.

5 Likes

Cuomo is known for keeping his speaking venues really cold and there is an existing debate about workplaces being set to temperatures that work for suit coats, but not common female business attire. This type of request isn’t unusual but the media has really latched on this time.

11 Likes

Ok, thanks @oldstevo and @moortaktheundea I do actually recall having read about the office temperature thing before. Seems like a small thing, but I totally understand the intent of the request. Personally I think 76F is a bit warm, but hopefully a compromise can be made.

3 Likes

<YAWN!> New York.

1 Like

I think Andrew’s brother is better at thinking on his feet.

2 Likes

Really. I’m so annoyed with this race already.

1 Like

Debate moderation needs to evolve to meet these asshole tactics.

If it is not your fucking turn, your mic gets cut off.

16 Likes

tumblr_otie9cdokS1vtnv5po1_500

12 Likes

Look, I don’t think Nixon is up to this.

3 Likes

It is all well and good that those who aren’t “insiders” want to run for public office. The problem is, none of them want to run for a lower office and work their way up. They all want the brass ring.
Spend the time in a local position to learn how to govern, then run for governor.
This celebrity bullshit has to stop. We need experienced, qualified individuals.

21 Likes

Please keep interrupting, Ms. Nixon.

4 Likes