Android's keyboard will no longer autocomplete "sit" with "on my face" thanks to me

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/28/and-tell-me-that-you-love-me.html

10 Likes

well no reason I should be the only one with this stuck in my head now…

53 Likes

I have to; simply because the gif exists, and I’m never going to have another opportunity to post it in such an appropriate context:

That said, good for you, Cory, that you were able to affect some actual change.

Also unfuck ‘predictive text’/autocomplete.

20 Likes

My best guess is that this is brogrammer humour.

11 Likes

Okay, I am officially impressed by your GIF fluency.

14 Likes

This is customized to what YOU search for Cory, but thanks for sharing krkrkrkr

16 Likes

The latest keyboard update (a few minutes ago) still has this “feature”. As an added bonus, now that I selected the phrase the autocomplete favours that phrase. Yet again outwitted by an errant artificial intelligence.

6 Likes

Grazie…

14 Likes

Thanks a lot ass wipe! That was my favorite auto complete and you could always blame it on google… that, or ‘somebody hacked my account.’. Just kidding of course about the ‘ass wipe’ thing, I did not know that auto complete was available. So, curious minds are wondering, how did your sitter reply?

4 Likes

Well there’s a little bit of silliness crushed. Good job, Doctorow.

15 Likes

Would you honestly want that to happen when texting a baby sitter or co worker?

6 Likes

Exactly. Also, does no one proof read any more before hitting send?

7 Likes

“Crushed?”

Hardly; you can still type it out by hand.

I truly pity a society that’s dependent on predictive text because they are too lazy to actually type out their dirty jokes and ‘blue-talk’…

7 Likes

I mean, doesn’t that show a distinct lack of creativity in dirty jokes and blue talk, if you’re letting your phone tell you what’s a good dirty joke (that you probably STILL don’t want to send to your sitter or boss)?

8 Likes

It must be a newish “feature” none of my 3 older Android devices do it.

4 Likes

Nope, no one – not even you, apparently – proofreads anymore before hitting send.

19 Likes

This seems like it would be really problematic.

4 Likes

I’m going to say Thank You. As a middle aged woman, I’ve tolerated decades of lewd comments, grabbing, and leering. I successfully compartmentalized for years, but the Trump era has brought all the feelings back. I have the same raw, sick, degraded reaction I had when I was ten, standing on third base and a boy asked me if I had “hair on my pussy.” I have a great sense of humor, but I’m done with casual crudeness and contempt pretending to be comedy. No one ever said “sit on my face” respectfully or seductively. It’s just hostile. So thanks for saving me from one more reminder of my objectification. Typing the word “sit” shouldn’t make me nauseated and ashamed. I don’t even care if your efforts are successful. I’m just grateful somone is rethinking the status quo.

20 Likes

Dam It Cory!

4 Likes

Letting it “Markov chain” using the first suggestions after “Sit on”:

Sit on my face and you get home can we are you staying in a problem is a good idea for you to come over but is it ok to come by your place to stay and you can get home and get home and you get home can we do it will work for you and I will see if we are still at the office I was kind enough to give me the name and address of where I will send it will work for you and I’ll make the change to the pizza a good time for me to get home can we do you have any arrangement with wine from you soon thank God you have any other grocery shopping I was just thinking of you and hoping to hear back from the pizza a good time for me to get to the airport to pick you up whenever I can we meet up whenever I can just thinking of you get home and we will head out in about that intent is to inform that the one that was sent the one I was talking about that the one that is in my phone but I don’t think it would help me to find the one I have any other grocery shopping I will send it will work for you and I’ll make the change to the airport to pick you up

21 Likes