Angela Lansbury dead at 96

Originally published at: Angela Lansbury dead at 96 | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Was Jessica Fletcher anywhere nearby? This could be the case that finally gets that mass murderer arrested!

That said - what range! Bedknobs and Broomsticks AND The Manchurian Candidate!

40 Likes

Awwww, boooo. :candle:

I’ve been binging M,SW for most of Covid-times as a way to keep my sense of humor afloat, along with reading Murder, She Blogged. This grand dame will be missed.

24 Likes

Still the best Mrs. Lovett ever.

16 Likes

Aw, what a shame. I guess that I will have a M,SW retrospective from the wonderful Pushing Up Roses to look forward to.

Such a talented actress; a real triple threat.

27 Likes

The suspects are being rounded up in Cabot Cove.

29 Likes

They’ve got their best people on the job.

18 Likes

RIP. My mother loved M,SW.

I may have posted this review of a Jessica Fletcher/Magnum team-up (yes!) before… Open in a private tab to skip paywall:

Magnum and Jessica Fletcher have different styles of detecting. Whereas Magnum favours a shorts-based, gun-shooting approach, Jessica Fletcher prefers to peer at her perps with withering disappointment and to let the death penalty do her killing for her (like Fox News).

16 Likes

Check the StarTrek actor alumnus… I seem to remember a disproportionate number of them visited that place…

12 Likes

RIP, thank you for sharing your talents.

tumblr_inline_ogiu3u0x9A1ttcc3o_500

22 Likes

I just went to the grocery store, it’s surprisingly topical. Desperate measures indeed.

17 Likes

The show ran for 12 seasons in the 1980s and 1990s, and showcased the ever-touring character’s ability to outwit miscreants and stupid local pigs alike.

That’s because Jessica Fletcher was THE MURDERER ALL ALONG!

16 Likes

She’s wonderful.

24 Likes

Aw. I remember watching her on Murder She Wrote with my mom. And who could forget her as Mrs. Potts on Beauty and the Beast.

10 Likes

She’d have been a legend if her only role had been in ‘The Manchurian Candidate’. But there were so many more tremendous performances.

And she seems to have been a decent human being. Those who knew her must be devastated to no longer have her around.

20 Likes

Wow. You’re right. Just looking at Murder, She Wrote and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine IMDB lists 148 names! There are 70 on the original series, 200 in Star Trek: The Next Generation, 137 in Star Trek: Voyager, and 65 in Star Trek: Enterprise.

11 Likes

That’s DAME Angela Lansbury to you, Rob. :wink:

And also…

9 Likes

So crazy she was only 37 when she played Mrs. Shaw in The Manchurian candidate… just two years older than the actor who played her character’s son. Then she seemingly stayed the same age for the next four decades.

21 Likes

Despite the cuddly image from Beauty and the Beast and Murder She Wrote, I loved her best when she played a villain. That includes her first role, at age 17, in Gaslight.

A tour de force performance.

24 Likes

Four? More like six.

16 Likes