Angry "sovereign citizen" meets polite police officer

I suspect it’s Facebook. You should see the comments attached to BB’s posts. A couple more clicks and they’re here.

6 Likes

don’t discount the reddit brigades…

5 Likes

I guess I’m misremembering, but I thought that this guy did face some kind of local punishment for discharging a firearm in D.C., so instead of facing the music he went back home.

1 Like

Reddit is a utopia.

1 Like

The article mentions he turned himself to authorities, but that he had diplomatic immunity in DC…

A State Department official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, also said that no one was hurt. The person believed to have fired the shots turned himself in to authorities, and no arrests were made because he has diplomatic immunity, the official said.

But yeah, it doesn’t mention anything about how his government handled the situation.

That’s why I figured I’d misremembered. (Is that a word?)

My guess is that given the Ethiopian government’s treatment of its detractors, they transferred him (and his firearm) to a domestic position…:worried:

1 Like

Sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the outcome. But it seems like he didn’t face charges here, which is the key issue on diplomatic immunity.

2 Likes

[filing “quiet title” legal papers.]

with whom?

Probably the local county, given how one aspect of SC interpretation of the law says that the highest “legitimate” legal authority is the county sheriff. That would be my guess.

Nobody is born with state debt. Only tax obligations. And that’s only if they earn taxable income. That’s not the same as debt. State debt doesn’t accrue directly to citizens. Of course, indirectly their taxes may go to servicing debt. Does a tax obligation harm you?

6 Likes

They are born with state debt. That’s the key point. The US government, UK
government has massive debts. The borrowing is just a small part of it.

So the governments need to tax and not provide service for those tax
payments. They need to divert cash to the people they owe.

Does that harm people?

Most certainly.

Here’s the test. Don’t pay the debts and see the reaction.

The Bundy’s quoted that idea a lot.

4 Likes

So when I change citizenship, that debt comes with me and I still need to pay it off? No…so, the nation has debts. Our taxes service this debt (among other things). That isn’t the same as “they are born with state debt” really, is it?

12 Likes

Well I guess you can bitch about it on the internets, but I’m betting moving is more effective.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.