Watch the speedy and satisfying arrest of a "sovereign citizen"

Originally published at: Watch the speedy and satisfying arrest of a "sovereign citizen" - Boing Boing

13 Likes

My favorite tell with sovcits is that they pull over for cops in the first place.

42 Likes

Because they think that they can outwit the cops.

30 Likes

But she said the magic words!

“Look, maybe I didn’t say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.”

35 Likes

I miss the good old days when people were classy enough to claim diplomatic immunity.

It never worked, but you had the cops waste time trying to get ahold of someone at the embassy.

21 Likes

I’m not sure it’s even a case of thinking they can outwit them.

They seem to genuinely think the magic words will work.

Apparently the evil state apparatus that exists only to deny everyone their natural rights is so lawful evil that it has to let you go if you say the right words.

37 Likes

Some sovcits claim diplomatic immunity as “ambassadors” of fictional states, or as “church ministers” who they have presumably confused with “minister” as a diplomatic rank.

21 Likes

They really do believe they can do anything if they just get the wording right. It’s like they think Constitutional law works like the spells kids learn at Hogwarts.

leviosa

35 Likes

His line about hand grenades and tomahawk missiles is kind of cute but he’s clearly used it so many times that he now says it too fast for it to even register!

30 Likes

These idiots really need to watch Pot Brothers at Law videos.

Anyway…

Tomahawk missiles?

8 Likes

I have yet to see a video where a sovereign citizen gets away with it

The only time I’ve ever heard of them is in driving arrest videos. I’m not from the US though, do you guys encounter them frequently over there?

5 Likes

I’m concerned about what that cop was on - How do you speak that quickly and slur your words at the same time?

5 Likes

Likely a former HS footballer.

15 Likes
22 Likes

The bit of ‘legal’ sophistry i’ve always thought someone ought to address is: if they’re no longer “subject to any governmental statues” then they also no longer enjoy any of the associated rights. That is, why can’t they be immediately declared chattel property or at least have their cars confiscated? ok yes these are silly people and no doubt in their minds it’s all whatever they want; but they might also have the ‘inalienable rights’ now ‘alienated’ aspect of citizenship spat at them a bit.

(found the wikipedia entry on “sovereign citizenship” intriguing …goes back in the states to at least the 1970s)

16 Likes

I would expect that any YouTube channel that has that “Thin Blue Line” desecration of an American Flag as its logo would be pro-cop and therefore tend to feature videos where they were behaving professionally.

26 Likes

Fuck me but American coppers cuff people for fuck all.

It’s the guns.

Most people don’t get cuffed even after they are arrested in much of the world, let alone just because they just said something stupid like “I’m not driving, I’m travelling”. That’s utterly dysfunctional.

29 Likes

For her sake, I hope she knows how to pronounce “Tubalcain” when she comes up before the judge.

Newsradio – Rose Bowl (1997)

Joe Garrelli: Mr. James’s case is in the bag, because I know something the other side doesn’t.

Dave Nelson: What’s that?

Joe Garrelli: That all federal judges are members of an obscure sect of the Freemasons.

Jimmy James: Wait a minute. You’re telling me that our entire case is based on all judges being Masons?

Joe Garrelli: There’ more to it than that. There is a secret word that, when uttered, forces the judge to rule in your favor, then go to a secret location to paddle themselves in a secret ceremony.

Dave Nelson: What is it?

Joe Garrelli: I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.

Dave Nelson: All right, but it better be good.

21 Likes

Admiralty flag! Your magic words are invalid!

16 Likes

Do cops in Florida routinely encounter drivers with tomahawk missiles in the glove compartment? Or their pockets?

8 Likes