Animation of today's storms flaring on US radar loop

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/29/animation-of-todays-storms-f.html

2 Likes

It is Nature herself honoring our benevolent overlord’s one-hundred-days rally today by creating a storm of such great magnitude that it resembles our dear leader’s hair.

4 Likes

Holy crap - looked like Napalm across the midwest.

Is it the Cylons?

6 Likes

My poor cat is terrified of thunder, and we had a lot.

3 Likes

I think I can pinpoint when I was riding my bike home.

8 Likes

Same here. I’m in one of the spots that got the heaviest rain. It was pretty astounding.

My wife was snoring so I moved to the couch. At one point we had two thunderclaps in quick succession that were really close, and I went from asleep on the couch to diving for cover before I’d even woke up. I wondered for a moment if there had been an explosion, and then when the house continued to shake I wondered if we were having an earthquake. Pretty awesome stuff.

1 Like

Not on this video, but my parents were stuck for four hours in the snow behind a jackknifed semi just outside of Moriarty, NM this morning.

Scary video. Luckily, with the defunding of NOAA, videos like this will soon be a thing of the past.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.