"Anti-Semitism as we have never seen it before," quotes German magazine founded in 1947

First, keep in mind this: On the topic of the Israel - Palestine conflict

Second: antisemitism on the left is a very serious issue. Antisemitism in supporters of Palestinians is also a serious issue.

Which Der Spiegel chose to approach by publishing a hit piece on someone without attempting to interview them or anyone close to them. At least, none I could find. No “we attempted to contact Greta Thunberg for comment.”

Yuck. All the “is Great just lonely?!” “She was so unhappy as a child!” This article is very judgemental and condescending. The article is also all over the place. You can really tell 6 different people wrote it. Jumping from condescending judgement of Thunberg to discussion of antisemitism on the left to random climate activists and then back to picking up the “Greta is so lonely and unhappy!”

I really hope this was a translation issue. Because the the use of the phrase “Palestinian question” is pretty gross.

“When Greta Thunberg or other leading activists constantly speak about the Palestinian question, it creates disunity.”

Erjan Dam of the Netherlands, who tried to grab the microphone from Thunberg at a climate demonstration last Sunday in Amsterdam

I’m done reading this crap article.

18 Likes