Christie blames Trump and MAGAism for the current rise of anti-semitism in the USA

Originally published at: Trump to blame for US rise in anti-semitism, says Christie

4 Likes

It sounds as if he doesn’t know what intifada means either.

7 Likes

It’s been more than eight years since Biff started giving bigots and conspiracists license to express their hatred of Jews (amongst other targets). With the conflict in Gaza and the impending election, though, it suddenly has serious geopolitical and electoral implications for GOP politicians.

It’s fine that Christie is stating the truth about the MAGA/America First movement’s deep grounding in anti-Semitism (with roots going back to Lindbergh), but where was he in 2015 on the topic? And why is he trying to conflate anti-Semitism on the left (which asks for no prompting from TFG) with that on the right? (rhetorical questions; most of us here know the answers).

9 Likes

And why is he smearing pro-Palestinian activists as genocidal antisemites?

3 Likes

I don’t know if you need the “either” in there. It sounds to me like the students he’s complaining about actually know what it means.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Why can’t everyone just hate bigots of all types? It works so well for me and those I love, it should work for everybody…

5 Likes

Meme Creator - Hello pot Meet kettle Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

5 Likes

Ah yes, Chris “I’m just as bad as Trump but I’m not as dumb as he is and I’m willing to call him out on his bullshit” Christie. I really wish CNN and others would stop giving this guy oxygen as some sort of sane alternative on the right.

4 Likes

h/t @DasKleineTeilchen

6 Likes

Because he’s racist? Because the GOP was racist before Trump came along?

Well, he benefited from it then, so it was fine…

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Some of us do… for others, it’s just tribalism.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.