Anything can be an instrument: The Imperial March on a toaster

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/16/anything-can-be-an-instrument-the-imperial-march-on-a-toaster.html

5 Likes

1761si

17 Likes

Anything can be an instrument

7 Likes

Many years ago I was working on the launch vibration test of a rocket’s inertial measuring unit. The vibe setup used a signal generator output fed to dual audio amplifiers to vibe the unit, and many of the tones were in the audible range. For fun, I programmed the signal generator to output the tune of Alice Deejay’s “Better off alone”. Now I know that the rocket can survive a vibe profile consistent with late '90’s club beats.

11 Likes

Just when I think that someone has reached “peak nerd” - that no one will ever achieve a more nerdly accomplishment - something else comes along to remind me that there is no peak nerd; it’s actually a shepard tone - and these sorts of things are going to continue as long as there’s an electrosphere and the freedom to play within it.

8 Likes

I was laughing so hard I had to pause the video so I didn’t miss any of the little toothbrush googly eye happiness.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Just using what’s around to make music - in Tangari Village on Bougainville.

8 Likes

The toothbrushes tickled my fancy too.

2 Likes

Googly-Eyed Tree__I see what you did there

1 Like

Yes, yes it is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.