AOC files Articles of Impeachment against Thomas and Alito

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/11/aoc-files-articles-of-impeachment-against-thomas-and-alito.html

19 Likes

And may cosmos/spaghetti-monster bless her! The political decision not to assert any effort which is likely to be blocked is one of the greatest promoters of total political stagnation. Even performative attempts reach the weary ears of the voters, and they still (at least until the republicans get full control), shall have a say.

30 Likes

And that’s how it’s done. Then you keep the story in the news even if it won’t go anywhere in Congress right now.

36 Likes

gonna double-down on this. “conservatives” should be called “radicals.” now.

2 Likes

A lot of “crimes” are legal.

Case in point, Harlan Crow and his “donations.” Of course, they’re not bribes. He’s just a generous guy.

6 Likes

There’s value in pressuring the press and forcing republicans to answer for overt corruption. Mind you, the press is so quisling that they’ll say “some democrats are concerned” without ever explaining what the concern is. That justices are corrupt isn’t controversial- that’s just facts.

7 Likes

Maybe these two will realize that they are in fact vulnerable to being replaced and change their ways. Probably not and they can still do a lot of damage in the meantime.

1 Like

Reactionaries. Don’t make the_borderer tap the sign.

18 Likes

iirc didn’t thomas make a big deal there’s no rule against boat parties with the opposing counsel? i’m not a lawyer, so i don’t understand the… nuances… of the field like a big ol galaxy brained supreme court justice.

but back in my day when i was considering law school, i learned a lot about what it’s like to be a judge or magistrate since it seemed like an interesting job, and one of my big takeaways is that if there’s even an appearance of bias it’s a bad thing…

flash forward and we have… this court. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Gonna double down on disagreeing… they are reactionaries, not radicals. They are clearly trying to bring us BACK to an earlier era, not change things radically. :woman_shrugging:

And she will!!!

16 Likes

But there’s not enough air time left over to cover corrupt Supreme Court judges, they’re filling all the spots with Biden needs to go away.

5 Likes

Good. Hope this goes somewhere.

3 Likes

Can we please not?

7 Likes

I :heart: AOC!
Twitch Vote GIF by GIPHY News

14 Likes

Legal, yes. But not ethical, and judges are expected to have the highest ethical standards.

:: hands you a frosty cold beverage ::

11 Likes

unfortunately i hung out at bars too much with T14 grads in my 20s so now all i have is two fingers of scotch that wouldn’t violate coppa if if registered for the bbs

2 Likes

I think it’s often a case of not having enough energy to fight every battle, and trying to choose wisely. “Don’t fire till you see the whites of their eyes” advice in using ammo wisely and so on.

So if you only see it as only doing things that have a chance of succeeding, then yeah, not spending energy on it makes sense. But that’s too short-sighted, as you note. With only a little effort, she’s raised the issue and is generating ammo for pointing out how Republican Congressman X isn’t doing their job. so support Candidate Y for congress to actually represent you, voter in District Z instead of the billionaires greasing palms left and right like X does.

4 Likes

I would give an eye and both legs to have her as president.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.