AP defrosts headline of the year

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/08/ap-defrosts-headline-of-the-ye.html

4 Likes

Cool story, bro.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Satan and freezers don’t mix. (Cool story bro.)

3 Likes

AP really putting in the work to make a boring headline from an amazing setup.

You’ve never read Dante’s Inferno? The freezer is where you find Satan.

In the very centre of Hell, condemned for committing the ultimate sin (personal treachery against God), is the Devil, referred to by Virgil as Dis (the Roman god of the underworld; the name “Dis” was often used for Pluto in antiquity, such as in Virgil’s Aeneid ). The arch-traitor, Lucifer was once held by God to be fairest of the angels before his pride led him to rebel against God, resulting in his expulsion from Heaven. Lucifer is a giant, terrifying beast trapped waist-deep in the ice, fixed and suffering.

11 Likes

Headline of the year, perhaps, but still far from the all-time champ in the crime genre.

9 Likes

3 Likes

But they just let Satan continue with his brunch?

1 Like

Better than “Hot Lead through the Head, Now She’s Dead”? I’d have to see referendum results on that.

3 Likes

Oh, a walk-in freezer. I was picturing him popping out like a Jack-Frost-in-a-box. Still.

3 Likes

Well I suppose someone has to say that this was a truly chilling story.

2 Likes

His plan was not very well thawed out.

6 Likes

Must be a contest going down today:

2 Likes

I’m not even going to click that link but I know for certain that if there’s a video it MUST have Yakety Sax playing.

(Could not find an actual Benny HIll Show closing chase with cows and cops, to link to, at such short notice.)

1 Like

Dishwasher arrests devil-may-care cutlery thief

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.