Apocaly-bbs Now

Well, that escalated quickly.

In the course of a week, the BBS community has gone from mourning the loss of beloved regulars to being stripped of rank and forced to share quarters with channers and trolls.

Is there anything left now?

A sense of belonging, a sense of being part of a real and important story, a sense of being connected to other people, to people who are not here any more, to those who have gone before us. And a sense of being connected to the universe itself.
All those things were promised and summed up in the phrase, ‘The Kingdom of Heaven’. But if the Kingdom is dead, we still need those things. We can’t live without those things because it’s too bleak, it’s too bare and we don’t need to. We can find a way of creating them for ourselves if we think in terms of a Republic of Heaven.
This is not a Kingdom but a Republic, in which we are all free and equal citizens, with — and this is the important thing — responsibilities. With the responsibility to make this place into a Republic of Heaven for everyone. Not to live in it in a state of perpetual self-indulgence, but to work hard to make this place as good as we possibly can.
-Philip Pullman

10 Likes

looks around at all the regulars still here, still posting, Lounge or no Lounge

Yup!

5 Likes

We’re taking jlw’s advice and building a new home. Watch your mail for instructions.

Rubes like us deserve nothing less.

Ah, this is about Transparency - changes to the BBS . I didn’t even bother looking at that thread until just now. Having never Ascended (I guess because I never faced the trial of scrolling through threads with hundreds of posts?) I wasn’t even aware there were private areas for Regulars.

All business as usual as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.