App phones people so you can pretend to be their boss

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/24/app-phones-people-so-you-can-p.html

3 Likes

That time when Millennials discovered the ‘phone’ part of their smartphones.

14 Likes

Tsk. The app should scrape the net, especially social media, and build a profile on them, so that it doesn’t have to be completely cold reading.

4 Likes

You can’t build your own profile? That would be a serious weakness. I don’t need a boss to ask me how many times I opened the door for the cats - I already have one. He’s a cat.

1 Like
  1. Art is useful. Good art, and what constitutes good art is entirely subjective, makes life bearable.

2. “Hello, this is your boss calling. What are you working on?” Oh yes please. I so need more of this in my life. Not.

6 Likes

Is there an app to remove my boss?

I’m thinking there’s a much larger market here.

8 Likes

Well, there are darknet sites, so one hears…

2 Likes

“And our new product, when installed on the target’s phone, will scan the internet for factory vulnerabilities in the charging firmware and cause the battery to explode the next time they answer a call. We call it ‘Hello, Goodbye’.”

4 Likes

I don’t think you’re the target audience.

1 Like

Yeah, I get that a lot.

3 Likes

An app that makes me talk to people on the phone? No thanks #introverted #socialanxiety #ironichashtaguse

2 Likes

As someone who views unexpected phone calls as rude interruptions, my immediate response was:

3 Likes

This is a great way for me to practice my people skills, since I am my own boss.

Sounds like an excellent time for an employee performance review, am I right?

1 Like

“Yes sir! (Or ma’am, or preferred alternate gender designation. :)”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.