Apple intentionally made the green chat bubbles of Android text messages look gross

One or both of you have iMessage disabled or aren’t able to use data, thus the fallback to SMS. That also explains why the reaction turns into text instead of a symbol.

Apologies if your post was sarcasm and it blew by me.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’ll look into that.

We both have a pretty good data plan. But here again is my criticism; I had to find this out from a Boing Boing message instead of being able to identify and define the problem on the phone. Or did I miss something in the interface that should have cleared this up for me?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure iMessage is on by default, so I don’t know how you would have ended up with it disabled. Maybe a weirdly worded question during setup? I’ve certainly encountered some configuration questions on Apple devices that left me shaking my head.

What BS. The color green provides plenty of contrast. It was even used for monitors and viewfinders back in the day. If anything, blue is the color that has a bad rap for legibility. In this use, it’s just fine as well.

Oh this is Boing Boing. From all the comments I thought I was on Slashdot.

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

1 Like

Every message thread has gray text in the reply field before you start entering your text that says either “Text Message” or “iMessage.” That tells you what protocol each message will use.

1 Like

Fortunately, to me it looks like white on pale gray. A kinda blah but still okay color combination.

Seriously, fully ten percent of men are colorblind, but UI/UX geeks still don’t account for us at all. Maybe I should count myself lucky that I am missing out on the ugliness.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.