Apple invites press to New York for Oct. 30 event, here's what's predicted

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/18/apple-invites-reporters-to-nyc.html

3 Likes

Wondering if MacBook updates mean they’re going to fix the MacBook Pro, or break the MacBook Air.

13 Likes

"There’s more in the making."

sent from my iPhone

5 Likes

To aid the nascent cannabis market, they will introduce the jPhone.

8 Likes

I want one.

4 Likes

I’ve seen many a prognostication regarding uogradeable/configurable Mac Pro desktops.

2 Likes

My prediction: It’s been exactly 25 years since the Apple IIe was discontinued and Apple is finally bringing back their most successful computer of all time.

6 Likes

Could have sworn they said “not this year” for desktops.

There was a time, back before Apple™ became just another large corporation, that I would have been excited about this. Now it’s more of a ‘Meh’.

What happened to you, Apple™, you used to be so cool?

3 Likes

“With my mind on my money and my money on my mind.”

2 Likes

Given the sheer number of logos provided in different styles I was hoping for a exquisite corpse like creation. Perhaps Apple’s glasses (or an employee created portal gun). From the standpoint of somebody that uses TTS, text-to-speech, I would really love a set of glasses that could read selected text. That is if the selection method is better than on the iPhone, and I hope that shake to undo isn’t a thing with any wearable product ever.

That said, I give you Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse, which is what this particular advertising campaign brought to my mind first.

2 Likes

If they put out a new Mac Mini that still has room for inserting a second drive, I might be into it.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t hold my breath on that one…

2 Likes

But Tim will be there. I’m predicting that.
Now if this cable will just hold out for a few more minutes while I post this…

1 Like

I predict product.

I’m done with Apple.

I’ve been using Apple half of my life, from the Lisa, to the Macintosh. I owned a Plus, went via LC450, Quadra, to Bondi Blue, aluminum iMacs and magnesium iBooks and MacBook Pros. They all lasted long. Very long. Over a decade each. This included upgrades and repairs. But my latest iMac was considered an economic loss after just a few years, because everything is now soldered onto the motherboard. Consequenlty, any minor issue will now require a complete motherboard replacement. I’m done with Apple. I moved on to modular, state of the art graphics cards and higher frame rates.

Incidentally, I just stumbled upon this little thing: consumer almost scammed into a 1100-$ repair cost at the Genius Bar, where a local repair shop could fix the thing for free by pushing back a connector pin:

Needless to say: I’m already standing in line for not watching this press event.

1 Like

I’d be happy with a new mini of any kind. It can have the form factor of a piece of toast and a translucent rice paper case for all I care. Just some sort of physical manifestation of Apple’s claim that it isn’t dead,

1 Like

IPod

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.