Apple Music "is a nightmare"

When I borrow a CD from my friend Spotify, it gives me the whole CD. Immediately.

1 Like

Wow I have not read those millions of reviews from the 99% that say they have no problems. Where can I find those?

1 Like

They’re right next to the reviews of your water department: “Hey every time I turn on the tap, water comes out! Thanks! 5-stars!” Or perhaps the electric company: “Hey no power outages for a year! Electricity ROCKS!”

1 Like

The things you are complaining about are 100% under your control in itunes. Uncheck “keep itunes directory organized” and uncheck “copy new music to the Itunes folder” and Itunes will leave your file/folder structure 100% untouched. Just remember to always put new media in the correct location before dropping it into Itunes.

3 Likes

Who told you you were entitled to listen to Apple’s music? Just shut up and pay your money.

As much as Iove Apple Music as a streaming service its integration into iTunes is nothing short of an infuriating to use and hard to navigate mess.

1 Like

Rip them, give them the MP3s (or, if purist, FLACs).

Drop one and you’ll get a lot of bits.

3 Likes

That’s nice to know. Thanks for that.

However, it’s also a decade too late for me to find that out, and - crucially - IT’S NOT THE DEFAULT.

iTunes’ default is to change people’s data without informing or asking for consent. Which isn’t cool. It’s good that there’s an option for it to not behave badly, but it’s not cool that it’s default is to behave badly.

2 Likes

Actually it is the default now. Both boxes currently default to unchecked, and have been like that since at least itunes 10.

1 Like

but getting that music onto and off of your device is still a PITA compared to every other service/platform. iTunes is the worst music player/library app ever created imho.

3 Likes

Been using Windows Explorer to organize my music since '95.
No problems yet.

1 Like
  1. Select songs.
  2. Drag onto your device.

The most dreaded words uttered by my wife: “please update my music”.

1 Like

But it doesn’t update it’s database - I have to force it to recatalog the entire library or use a third party program to do it.
Fortunately, there is Mediamonkey for win machines - it manages music properly.

1 Like

I recently enabled “iCloud Music Library” when prompted by iTunes only to have iTunes suddenly stop accessing all the files on my computer (still in their default location) and show all my songs as cloud only. Even though all my music is on my computer I could not play any of it without an internet connection. I had to go here: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-music-ruined-itunes-libraries,news-21300.html to reset everything and regain access to all my music. Enabling ICloud should sync everything with the cloud, but allow playback of files that are already on your device. They’ve really made a mess of iTunes. When researching this issue, I found a lot of very upset people with the same problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.