Archaeologists find ancient ring meant to prevent hangovers

Originally published at: Archaeologists find ancient ring meant to prevent hangovers | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Yeah, see. . . that’s just wrong.

One drinks to get intoxicated. If you don’t want to get intoxicated then simply don’t drink.

5 Likes

Origins of the Mood Ring, mood right now: hung-over.

8 Likes

Methodology is well proven, by me.

2 Likes

Okay so we don’t actually know if the ring was “meant” to do anything.

See also,

20 Likes

4 Likes

I feel like this is exactly what you’d write down on an ancient scroll to trick future generations into putting on a cursed ring.

3 Likes

Vodka backwards spells AKDOV, which is the chemical that the Russians put in Vodka.

FACT!

1 Like

This ring helps stamp out crime!

1 Like

Would it come in jade that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow instead of amethyst?

1 Like

An ancient ring that prevents hangovers? I sense a buddy-comedy heist movie coming soon.

1 Like

Ah yes, it looks like the cone of shame and it was super effective until the invention of the drinking straw.

As soon as I saw the headline, I knew the stone was an amethyst; in the venerable Rouge-type game NetHack, if you dip an amethyst into a booze potion, it turns to water.

“Many virtues have been attached to this gem, including the prevention of the side effect of drinking, the hangover,”

But somehow the press knows that this particular ring was meant for this particular “virtue”. Wherefore? Because it makes good copy.

Good copy, but not good archeology or anthropology.

Weak. Sauce.

1 Like

Snoop Dog is wearing just this sort of magic ring in this documentary about alcohol consumption.

1 Like

Three words:

“For ritual purposes.”

1 Like

steven universe whatever GIF
whatever

3 Likes

5tq75u

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.