Archaeology Today

Theres also the distict possibility that I am misrembering and confusing megalithic practices with beaker people.

7 Likes

Posted mostly so I could say:

The grave was discovered at a site near a village called Trumpington just outside Cambridge.

How have they not petitioned for a rename?

7 Likes

“Why should we change? He’s the one who sucks.”

7 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

“Take my Mother Superior…an it please you.”

2 Likes
6 Likes

IMG_9101

7 Likes

Re-boing.

1 Like

Odd that no repeat warning popped up. Is that feature broken now?

1 Like

Oneboxing seems to be a bit iffy lately. Again.

2 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes

I had never heard of this. :exploding_head:

8 Likes

hey! that’s Milo.
he and Dear Brother have been doing some collab vids on DB’s YT channel Artifactually Speaking , discussing Mesopotamian artifacts at the Penn Museum.

11 Likes

I’ve often thought your brother’s videos could use a lot more swearing. :wink:

8 Likes

open access

Bulstrode, Jenny. “Black Metallurgists and the Making of the Industrial Revolution.” History and Technology, June 2023, pp. 1–41, https://doi.org/10.1080/07341512.2023.2220991.

ABSTRACT Metallurgy is the art and science of working metals, separating them from other substances and removing impurities. This paper is concerned with the Black metallurgists on whose art and science the intensive industries; military bases; and maritime networks of British enslaver colonialism in eighteenth-century Jamaica depended. To engage with these metallurgists on their own terms, the paper brings together oral histories and material culture with archives, newspapers, and published works. By focusing on the practices and priorities of Jamaica’s Black metallurgists, the significance and reach of their work begins to be uncovered. Between 1783 and 1784 financier turned ironmaster, Henry Cort, patented a process of rendering scrap metal into valuable bar iron. For this “discovery”, economic and industrial histories have lauded him as one of the revolutionary makers of the modern world. This paper shows how the myth of Henry Cort must be revised with the practices and purposes of Black metallurgists in Jamaica, who developed one of the most important innovations of the industrial revolution for their own reasons.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07341512.2023.2220991

5 Likes

I will have to check that out!

ETA: Your brother seems to have a calming influence (at least on Milo). Not a single swear word in the series!

4 Likes
5 Likes

12 Likes