Are you okay?

I had a great day today thanks to the woman handing out drink wristbands who seriously didn’t think I was 21. I turn 39 before the end of the year.

Other than that, I’m starting to feel better about my transition; the injections are working much better though I am still getting used to the increased emotional instability caused by the fluctuating hormone levels.

24 Likes
11 Likes

I’ve heard transitioning compared to going through a second puberty, but it sounds like you managed to earn yourself a second adolescence out of the deal. Noice!

14 Likes

I thought she was joking at first and I was about to get annoyed, then I just asked if she was serious and she was. I instantly felt great. Other than the grocery store (they card everyone, including seniors) I haven’t been carded in over a decade.

12 Likes

I had the opposite happen to me: still being carded in my late 40s, then got Stage III cancer and had to go through chemo, radiation, surgery, the works. Aged me at least 10 years almost instantly. Never got carded again.

Of course, that included female hormone suppression medication, so I’m kind of doing the opposite of you!

19 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, I hope things are good for you now. The thought of going through that terrifies me.

17 Likes

I’ve had more than enough crises since then to put cancer mostly in the rear view mirror, but thanks!

I just thought it was funny that female hormone suppression did the opposite to me of what (I assume) female hormone addition is doing for you.

17 Likes

I have read that feminizing HRT does make you look younger, but not 20 years.

15 Likes

It’s a feature, not a bug!

15 Likes

I look so much younger now, it’s crazy. Estrogen really does wonders for the complexion! I got carded not that long ago, and I’m pushing 45!

Glad injections are working for you. I’m hoping to get on them at my endo appointment at the end of the month.

17 Likes

I did notice the lines on my forehead becoming less prominent.

It’s still early yet, but they seem to be. I’m definitely happy I switched and would recommend anyone not happy with their results on pills to talk with their doctor about switching to injections.

15 Likes

I could finally laugh again today — it’s been a sorrowful few days and it felt good to laugh again. My grandma passed on Saturday morning and it hit me hard. I was always close to her and am filled with grief, but if felt good to laugh. I’ll miss her; am happy that I went to see her a week or two ago and glad she went quickly and didn’t suffer.

24 Likes

Miss You Dogs GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

My condolences to you and your family.

22 Likes

I’m sorry - but I’m glad you’re feeling positive about it over all.

20 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this, but I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better. Sending you a hug!

hug GIF

18 Likes

Did she ever offer any good advice?

Stay Away Grandma GIF

17 Likes

@Mindysan33, @Tamsin_Bailey and @subextraordinaire,

Thank you.

I’ve watched other grandparents suffering drag on and on before they died, she was in her 90’s, miserable in assisted living and I know she wanted to die, so finding positivity isn’t difficult. Her death is just difficult because how close I was with her and how sad I am that she never got to meet the real me.

@knoxblox

Cracking Up Lol GIF

21 Likes

18 Likes

thanks

17 Likes

cat hug GIF

That’s really hard. I’m so sorry.

19 Likes