Are you okay?

I’m going to go out on a limb, based on your high regard of her and my high regard of you, that she would have been proud.

21 Likes

Yeah, especially because it’s her name I’m going to be using when I get to that point. And, I’ve known that was my name for a long time.

Thanks, I certainly like to think so. I don’t want to give the wrong impression of her, she could be vicious and could hold a grudge like no other, but despite my many many fuckups, I never ended up on her bad side. Both her and my grandpa were great, they knew I was different in some way, but always treated me great. When I got busted for marijuana possession in high school, her response was to tell me about a letters she wrote to senators in the early 80’s supporting medical marijuana (I had an aunt who died of cancer about a month after I was born).

It’s funny, my Mom, Aunt, Uncles and cousins all have stories of facing her wrath, but for some reason I never experienced it.

20 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a lovely person.

hug women

19 Likes

I’m going to hazard a guess that maybe she saw some of herself in you.

19 Likes

Thanks, she was.

I hope so, I always found something of myself in her. In many ways, we couldn’t be more different. She was a church every Sunday catholic and I was an unbaptized atheist, yet that was never an issue for her or my grandpa. I’m guessing our shared anti-social nature is something we bonded over. I have many fond childhood memories sitting at the kitchen playing solitaire while the rest of the family was in the pool.

16 Likes

Cookie Monster Love GIF by Sesame Street

I am so sorry.

18 Likes

thanks

15 Likes

Pizza Happy Crying GIF

18 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Glad you’re feeling a bit better though. :purple_heart:

Oh boy do I feel this one. I lost my mom a few years before I came out and the fact she never got to know the real me is one of my biggest regrets. Hugs offered.

21 Likes

Well then, she knew – and knows – the real you already.

15 Likes

@AnnaTheWeird and @chgoliz

Thank you.

Hugs accepted and offered as well.

20 Likes

Hugs accepted. Thank you.

17 Likes
21 Likes

I am not okay today. I’ve started a GoFundMe, and you can see the link in my personal thread, Knoxblox’s Re-Animated Blank Canvas. If anyone could share the GFM link through social media, it would be a great help.

14 Likes
12 Likes

How am i today?

Pretty much says it all.

19 Likes

So, I had not seen my downstairs neighbor and his wife (they are from Guatemala) for a couple of days, and it turns out they snagged an opportunity to go and try to claim political asylum in the USA. We’re communicating via WhatsApp, and I warned them about the political shenanigans going on there, and to be careful in accepting offers of help.
I wish them luck, but I am also worried for them. :pensive:

19 Likes

I hope they’re doing okay! Good luck to them!

16 Likes

She sounds like the kind of person everyone should have in their lives. I’m sorry for your loss.

animals spooning hug GIF

11 Likes

Thanks.

7 Likes