Are you okay?

My friends are now in Colorado and doing fine, in a temporary residence (?) for a while. They’re gonna be okay.

17 Likes

Thinking about @FloridaManJefe (in the Keys) today and hoping things turn out ok for everyone having to deal with Ian.

19 Likes

i thank you and everyone for your concern. we are still having tropical storm conditions, winds sustained at 40mph gusting to 55. rain has diminished, but thunderstorms passing through. Key West got the worst of it yesterday, winds up to 70mph and wicked storm surge. we’re almost out of it down here.
i would ask that everyone direct your positive thoughts, prayers (if you do that) and concern to the folks on the gulf coast mainland. they are about to get clobbered, bad. right now, i gotta go get tree branches out of the drive and check on neighbors to see if anyone needs help clearing debris.

22 Likes

Glad you guys made it through okay. Thinking good thoughts to the folks in Ian’s path now…

18 Likes

I know you are tough down there and have lots of practice riding out storms, but it’s still good to hear you’re OK.

18 Likes

I am between a rock and a hard place, and could use some work. Update at my thread, Knoxblox’s Re-Animated Blank Canvas.

ETA: No joke, this is my last gasp.

7 Likes

My biggest issue is almost completely taken care of, but I still need some business so I can feed myself and the cats.

12 Likes

I wasn’t sure where else to share this and the Digital Overview Effect definitely affects how we all feel at some point:

10 Likes

What an excellent video…thanks!

8 Likes

Thanks for this. He sums it up really nicely when he says something like, “if you can’t decide what matters most to you, now, it can feel like nothing matters.
I’ve definitely had that feeling. Generally not a great feeling.

8 Likes

I am not ok.

Life is feeling overwhelming and I’m having a hard time finding reasons to keep going. I’m in the middle of a divorce that’s going not great, my fiancée is here on a visitor’s visa that is gonna run out soon and we were supposed to be done the divorce a couple months ago so she could marry me and stay here. I am worried about my job and my finances and my kids just don’t want to see me and especially don’t want to live with me part time like my ex and I agreed on, which hurts more than I can possibly describe.

I wonder all the time if I should have just stayed in my man costume and dealt with it, but I know that would be even worse than what I’m going through. I decided to transition because pretending to be something I’m not was killing me too. I feel like everything just… sucks.

I’m gonna keep on going, but damn is it hard. Thanks for giving me this space to vent. I feel a bit better having typed that all out.

24 Likes

Ghost Hug GIF

17 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that.

20 Likes

Cookie Monster Love GIF by Sesame Street

19 Likes

I’m so sorry that you’re going through this. Hopefully, it will get better soon. In the meantime:

Dog Hug GIF by MOODMAN

19 Likes

I’m sorry hun. This all well and truly sucks…

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

18 Likes

Sassy Drama GIF by BBC

18 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, sounds like a lot to deal with. I hope things get better soon.

Hugs GIF

15 Likes

Sorry it’s so hard right now. And thank you for trusting us with your venting.
Just remember, this is a temporary problem. Stay yourself and stay alive. The world needs you. :heart::heart::heart:

19 Likes

Many of the most important things in life are hard. Being who you really are is one of the most important things I can think of. I am in awe of the strength and courage you are displaying.

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

14 Likes