Knoxblox's Re-Animated Blank Canvas

This here thread is a do-over of my thread concerning my own art and whatnot.

5 Likes

First off, allow me to address what has been going on lately. Things were good for a little while because of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance here in California, but there had been other problems I have encountered.

First, I tried to help out a ā€œhomelessā€ man who wound up stealing a car and reselling it in Mexico. The bastard left my mailing address and phone number in the car, I guess, and I was receiving death threats from the person whom he ripped off. Luckily, they had no clue where I actually reside but it was still very disconcerting for a long while.

Second, the room I was renting before the apartment Iā€™m in now experienced some water damage which in turn damaged some of my artwork. Now that Iā€™m in another apartment, I have been retouching some pieces that I promised a long while ago, or just simply starting over for a couple of them. All told, I have about 5 pieces that need to be mailed out in the beginning of September. I want to take this opportunity to say Iā€™m sorry to those folks for the delay, and I am working on getting these to you quickly.

Third, I was challenged by Californiaā€™s EDD over my pandemic unemployment benefits after they determined their rollout of funds was taken advantage of by criminals. I recently had an over-the-phone court appeal, and the judge ruled in my favor (yay!).

Fourth, I broke my hand this year while falling off an electric bicycle. :man_shrugging: Thankfully, my hand is almost fully healed, and I can work again.

24 Likes

Oh my. A compounded ā€œfuck today.ā€ Iā€™m really sorry to hear this.

Do you have a gallery link that youā€™re comfortable revealing? Iā€™d love to see more of your stuff. Ms. Pane and I love to have cool art hanging in our house [though sheā€™s the boss of that, lol].

18 Likes

I want to show you something I did for my friend Samantha. Sheā€™s my platonic companera, and has been such a great friend when it comes to having someone to talk to. Sheā€™s my best cheerleader.

30 Likes

Iā€™m about to post some more work, and talk about a ā€œpledge driveā€ of sorts that Iā€™m doing to gain clients for the next year.

11 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s an amazing piece. Is your work generally custom like that? Is that your general style?

12 Likes

Yes. The painting she is holding is my standard 1-foot square, though I can make larger works if there is a call for it. Everything I do is customized to the buyer, whether itā€™s a portrait of a loved one or a pet, or even just a royalty-free image from the internet if they choose.

I have an Instagram page started just for this ā€œpledge driveā€ at the handle, ā€œlazypossum1ā€ where Iā€™m showing off some of my best work.

18 Likes

Great work!

13 Likes

So, hereā€™s my pitch for getting this startedā€¦

Iā€™m in desperate need of income, particularly in the next day or so where I am shooting for $3000 in deposits or even full payments if the client is gracious enough. I want to find 50 clients to cover the next year, but in particular I have a window for 10 to 12 paintings to be delivered for Christmas.
Itā€™s a first-come, first-served process filtered by full payment work first followed by partial payment work. It takes me one week to do one standard panel, so my prices ($600 per square foot) reflect one weekā€™s pay at minimum wage in California. I would like to ask more, but I realize that recent inflation is hitting everyone around the world right now.

I can accept images over the internet, and I need sharp, clear images to work effectively. So, in theory, I can work for anyone in the world as long as they can pay through a payment platform, send a good image over the internet, and can receive packages at a personal address.

NOTICE: Because of my immediate need, I am also offering a 10% finders fee for anyone who can secure a client for me and they can identify you as the intermediary when they place an order. Thatā€™s $60 per painting, and I think well worth it for my purposes.
So, if you know anyone or someone who knows someone, this is an easy way to make some quick cash if you can secure a client for me.

ETA: I was asked if I could accept an international wire transfer, but unfortunately, my credit union wonā€™t process those. The representative stated that PayPal or Google Pay are likely to be the best without charging high fees.

14 Likes

Hey, I was just thinking the other day about your ā€œBlank Canvasā€ topic, and wondering how youā€™re doing these days. Sorry to hear about the bad stuff, and glad to hear about the judgeā€™s ruling and your hand healing.

10 Likes

Some previous works that Iā€™ve soldā€¦

17 Likes

Just to re-iterate, I am offering a 10% finderā€™s fee for anyone who can secure clients for me RIGHT NOW (yes, right now) and it results in a deposit or even full payment.
I am really, desperately needing $3000 by the end of the business day Friday (food, supplies, medicine, old debts), so that breaks down to 5 people paying in full or 10 people who put down a deposit. I got my first $300 this morning.

ETA: Additionally, if anyone would just like to send a small donation for pizza, soda money, or some wet food for the cats, I am not too prideful to accept the help.

9 Likes

Can I boost the signal on Instagram for you? I canā€™t promise anything will come from it, but Iā€™m happy to spread the word as much as possible :slight_smile:

8 Likes

YES! By all means, anything that would help boost the signal. I would greatly appreciate it.

If it helps, I am committed to doing what I can to be an ally to the marginalized, so I want people to know that this isnā€™t an endeavor that caters only to cis, white folks.

9 Likes

I added another boost on IG via ā€˜My Story.ā€™

10 Likes

Thank U GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

9 Likes

De nada.

6 Likes

Done and done!

7 Likes

Dog Thank You GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes

Happy to help!