Are you the owner of this jetliner? If so, please move it immediately

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/28/are-you-the-owner-of-this-jetl.html

2 Likes

My plane-spotter friends tell me this sort of thing happens more often than you’d think.

17 Likes

I’m not particularly surprised that it got abandoned – I assume someone experienced financial and/or legal discomfort, and didn’t have the time, cash or inclination to dispose of their jet properly – but I am surprised someone can land a jet at a public airport without a mile-long paper trail showing who is responsible for it.

21 Likes

Why not put a picture of the correct airplane?

16 Likes

Drive around from 2017 -

3 Likes

Per El Pais, Saicus Air folded in 2010. The plane never did its planned route (Spain - Guinea Bissau) for them, but was rented out. Eight years is a long time to be abandoned.

4 Likes

Did MJN Air own it at one point?

5 Likes

I was wondering where I left that.

Drink a little too much sangria one Thursday , wake up in Almuñécar without no pants and no memory of the previous 48 hours. Could happen to anyone.

Now where did I put those keys?

22 Likes

There are Repo Men for airplanes. (But that tv show is staged.)

There must be quite a burned asset/company trail if no one has come to collect it, even with the parking fees, and cost to get it re-certified airworthy.

Instead it was rented to third parties along with a cabin crew.

Did the cabin crew ever leave?

7 Likes

Maybe it’s the Flying Dutchman of airliners, eternally grounded on the tarmac, never reaching the arrivals gate?

7 Likes

“Transtellar Cruise Lines would like to apologize to passengers for the continuing delay to this flight. We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey. Meanwhile we thank you for your patience. The cabin crew will shortly be serving coffee and biscuits again.”

19 Likes

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers. There is no parking in the white zone.

16 Likes

Don’t touch anything inside…

7 Likes

Maybe some bank technically owns it now. It might not be worth the bother for them if there are certain safety regulations or other issues.

1 Like

How long would it take under Spanish law to establish squatter’s rights? I’m just saying, there’s potential for some real hilarity here.

4 Likes

I think that might be one of mine, sorry.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thank you for that info!

2 Likes

Really? Do tell. People can’t afford an airline any longer and they just leave them were they were?

The 0.01% version: Dude, where’s my plane?

8 Likes