Arizona HOA threatens residents with fines for posting critical comments about its board

Maybe these are the approved colors for your unitized shipping platforms.

7 Likes

Sounds like someone should show them Tor (or just tell them to use a terminal at a public library)

Also truth can’t be defamatory… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

The HOA can only fine someone for violations of community by-laws, so the threat sounds kind of hollow to me. If they try to follow through and the fine isn’t paid, they would have to go to a judge to get a lien placed on the property. I can’t see a judge in their right mind allowing that.

Having said that, I was once on the HOA board for a condominium and what a thankless task it was. In a condo, the grounds and external structure are owned by the community as a whole, so when residents put holes in the siding to hang something, we had to use the community’s money to repair it. And when they put lawn ornaments on common property that causes problems for the landscapers, we had to deal with it.

3 Likes

Heh. I had bought one from IKEA in 2010 that was made out of pink LED rope zip tied to a steel frame, and powered by a small solar panel that charged a AA battery during the day, and lit up at night. It lasted for a long time, survived getting vandelized by a roomie’s ex, and was finally stolen outright from my front yard after I moved into a different house. I was sad, because I can’t replace it.

2 Likes

I feel at this point, anyone voluntarily choosing to live in a place with a HOA deserves no sympathy about anything to do with it. You know what these things are and how terrible they are.

There is always a Simpson Gif.

6 Likes

The fact that HOA rules can override your rights is just one more sign why the US slips easily into fascism. The law should be just like restrictive covenants - if you have a federal right, it should not be removable by a municipality. If the HOA is not an actual municipal governing body, it should be not be compulsory.

4 Likes

I can’t think of a lake I loathe deeply enough to pollute it so.

2 Likes

I know very little about HOAs, and I intend to keep it that way.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.