Arizona kills vaccine education program to placate the ignorant

my mother caught antivaxx a while back. It gets worse. the other day, she told me she doesn’t believe in dinosaurs. She has 2 degrees and a masters, speaks seven languages, has written a book and published many more, and the internet has rotted her fucking brain. I can’t even.

19 Likes

I actually LOLed.

4 Likes

Does that mean that vaccinations cause stupidity? Or is it the other way around? Or does it mean that half the population has IQs below 100?

1 Like

Don’t forget Puritanism.

1 Like

The net effect is more like “The ignorant kill Arizonans.”

2 Likes

Europe’s a country now?

…and we slowly slip into the next round of the Dark Ages. Ignorance is bliss and there’s too many happy people in this country!

The state of Arizona has canceled a vaccine education program after receiving complaints from parents who don’t immunize their school-age children.

OK, stop. Why are unvaccinated children allowed in school in the first place?

Not even being facetious here; don’t most schools require it?

EDIT: Yes and No. Dr. Google notes that: There are only three states that require shots for school with no philosophical and/or religious exemptions available. These states are California, West Virginia and Mississippi.

4 Likes

“We should vote for good candidates and vote out people who aren’t doing their job” is not ‘magical thinking’, fella, it’s the way voting works. Is that somehow surprising to you?

1 Like

If that works, can you tell them that St. Louis, MN and St. Louis, MO are the same, so that I can come, too?

Oh wait… they have an actual system of education up there… guess that won’t work.

Maybe if we send Betsy DeVos there first :thinking:

2 Likes

Don’t you fucking dare.

Doug Ford would hire her in a hot second.

10 Likes

Doug??? Wait! Has something happened to Rob Ford?!

[We’re not still doing that? OK. Never mind.]

3 Likes

This has somehow become the new “taxation without representation” cause for Americans.

3 Likes

But admitting that doesn’t get them re-elected, so they forget to mention it.

Except it isn’t just Arizonans that will die of the disease that could have been prevented. One of them leaves the state with a
fever, everybody is at risk.

2 Likes

You’re the one who is saying that Americans shouldn’t be judged on whether or not they do that.

I believe this is another example of their flawed reasoning. Anything their parents did is wrong, wrong, wrong. Instead, they think they know everything because they listen to celebrities or pick up advice from other idiots online.

3 Likes

Same was said in the middle of the 1980’s. Keep the dream alive!

2 Likes

You misspelled C O N V I C T E D. :wink:

3 Likes

Pollution removed his helmet and shook out his long white hair. He had taken over when Pestilence, muttering about penicillin, had retired in 1936. If only the old boy had known what opportunities the future had held…

5 Likes