Arizona man planned to kill Blacks, Jews and Muslims in mass shooting to start "race war"

Just perhaps, after this guy goes to jail, they will be a little bit less comfortable. Every little bit helps and the more that we can make it obvious that this racist shit is neither normal or wanted the better.

Hear me out on this. There is a common desire/fantasy among many men to be a hero. When this gets boosted by the “support our troops,” exultation of military violence and then filtered through a profoundly racist worldview, we get the idea that a racewar is how they can be a hero. It really doesn’t make any sense at all unless you already have a racist worldview.

9 Likes

Who’s “most?”

I assure you; the people who are actually imperiled by this lethal mentality, those without ‘the complexion with the connections for the protection?’

We care; A LOT.

18 Likes

You think there’s something funny about racists with guns? Or you think there’s something funny about people not giving a shit about racists with guns?

13 Likes

We finally found the time to watch Pleasantville in one go last night. Given the current timeline, zero coincidences here.

6 Likes

Or even just straight white guys who care about what happens to our friends and family. Or our country. Or people we’ve never even met. Most is a way overestimate. Punch Nazis in the mouth.

19 Likes

… “gun shows” aren’t just about guns

The Turner Diaries: How the neo-Nazi dystopian novel has helped fuel white supremacist terrorism - Vox

18 Likes

Aw yeah; that piece of shit, racist propaganda…

15 Likes

Screenshot_2024-06-13-11-05-01-27
health.ucdavis.edu/vprp/pdf/igs/igsexecsummweb.pdf

21 Likes

In case anyone has not seen it, Thought Slime did an excellent in-depth review of the book and some of its history…

15 Likes

Read it. (Found it at a used bookstore “dollar bin”). It plays like an explicitly Neo-Nazi “Atlas Shrugged” with a lot of SF elements at the end about a post-apocalyptic America as a fascist dream society.

7 Likes

Fukkin Bruges

4 Likes

If he thinks Black people are going to respond with a “race war” to unprovoked violence by white people, there’s, um, all of US history to prove otherwise. It’s just a continuation of the 400 years of white people afraid that if Black people were given the chance, they’d treat them the way they’ve been treated. These racists really don’t learn.

20 Likes

Obligatory repost:

The most important part:

Be grateful; you are lucky that Black people only want equality, and not revenge.

23 Likes

And that’s the thing isn’t it, these racists are projecting - they assume everyone else just wants (violent) revenge, not equality.

16 Likes

I’ve read that such thinking kept apartheid going in South Africa after white people had given up on believing that it was good for the country.

11 Likes

A guilty conscience must also be ‘one helluva drug,’ along with white supremacy.

20 Likes

Some commentary from Marc Lamont Hill on this arrest…

9 Likes

Radical does not mean extreme, unless you think civil rights are a bad thing.

Reactionary. The word is reactionary, as it has been for the last 230 years.

Yes, I know we are arguing about the common use of the word in a nation where 30% of the population think Joe Biden is a Marxist communist.

17 Likes

Joe Biden Victory GIF

12 Likes

Many people were surprised how relatively peaceful the transition to majority rule was. I credit Desmond Tutu and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Truly an innovative and surprisingly successful approach to conflict termination. Confession was actually better than retribution.

9 Likes