Arizona man planned to kill Blacks, Jews and Muslims in mass shooting to start "race war"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/13/arizona-man-planned-to-kill-blacks-jews-and-muslims-in-mass-shooting-to-start-race-war.html

20 Likes

If you want to find a place in America where a virulent racist feels comfortable sharing his views openly, there are few better ones than a gun show.

32 Likes

Both terrifying and pathetic. But good on the person who turned him in. That may have saved quite a few lives.

45 Likes

those “conservatives” are pretty damned radical.

19 Likes

My first thought was, “Now that’s a good guy with a gun.” I’m just assuming a person who attends a lot of shows probably has one, and the gender wasn’t specified. After this story and the one about the reporter who infiltrated an event Alito attended, I’m hoping we see more of this!

38 Likes

Although there remains no doubt about it, it still would’ve been a wee-bit socially useful if they had got him on record about his avid support for trump.

17 Likes

No, you don’t understand! Gun show booths have tons of WWII memorabilia because of patriotism and history! The fact that it’s a surprising quantity of Nazi shit is sheer coincidence! HISTORY!

Gun shows are weird fucking places man.

23 Likes

I will take your word for it. No interest in attending one of those hives of scum and villainy.

23 Likes

Why do these nut jobs think murdering a few people is going to start some sort of war?

18 Likes

Unfortunately, one doesn’t have to be very intelligent to have ideas or acquire weapons.

21 Likes

And after your dream war, Mr. Prieto, do you think a last name like that will be “white enough” for your fascist overlords?

13 Likes

I cannot hear the words “race war” without thinking about this scene from In Bruges.

7 Likes

There’s a good chance that someone will show up here to say that many decent, non-racist people attend gun shows – people like the informant, people like themselves. Which may be true, but does not contradict my comment in the least.

16 Likes

Another dipshit obsessed with starting a race war… :rage:

13 Likes

The ‘Charles Manson effect,’ I guess.

Such deluded, bigoted assholes always seem to forget Manson never even got close to his goal of “Helter Skelter,” and he died in prison.

26 Likes

Five will get you Ten Mr. Prieto gets less time than Hunter Biden.

8 Likes

Also, thinking that he’s going to start a “race war,” which is exactly what every other white supremacist who did mass shootings thought they were going to start. Totally impervious to reality - even their own.

13 Likes

This is based on the thinking that “Black people are unthinking animals, and if threatened by a white person, will lash out at any and all white people around them.” This is a large part of why they are always befuddled when Black people act like decent, normal people. This short circuits all their core beliefs, and leads to stupid statements like “Oh, that’s one of the good ones” They don’t have more than one book to read from, and it’s pretty much always the same song.

22 Likes

Trump would pardon this guy. Good people on both sides.

6 Likes

It’s worse than that. It’s predicated on the idea that, once this “war” has started, it will be open season on [list of perceived undesirables] and anyone (read: white guy) can shoot them on sight because they are now the “enemy”.

Fuck that guy and everybody like him.

12 Likes