Charlottesville: Brave Students Protest Nazi Rally

3 Likes

Still going on, but looks like police might be getting ready to finally intervene after mostly just watching all nightā€¦

1 Like

Bets on where Richard Spencer is right now?

3 Likes

Finally the White Man will be heard!

Maybe itā€™s a good thing that so many of these lizards are slithering out from under their rocks. Sunlight, disinfectant, etc.

10 Likes

Hereā€™s Buzzfeedā€™s take on this:

A friend of mine is on faculty at UVA now, doing hip hop studies:

I hope so. I guess I canā€™t be surprised theyā€™re making their presence known at UVA. I think Spencerā€™s undergrad is from there. I had a friend who also got her degree there and she says itā€™s incredibly white and privileged. Iā€™m more surprised to seem some fascists cropping up at GSU, frankly. Atlanta used to be the place people left to get away from this shit (especially since the wave of white flight in the 60s and 70s). Reverse white flight is having an effect it seems to me.

Also, let the criticism that Iā€™m advocating violence begin!

anti-facist-spencer-punch

10 Likes

UVA was my back-up school if I hadnā€™t gotten into USC. I went to a military boarding school (my idea/choice) for two years less than a half-hour from there. I remember running cross country competitions right through the grounds where this is happening. A lot of my classmates ended up going to UVA. Theyā€™re all long graduated of course, but Iā€™m not surprised UVA students are standing up to these fascist fuckers. Iā€™m both proud of them and pray this doesnā€™t turn into a bloodbath.

5 Likes

:scream: Sounds like a perfect targetā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure AD has been targeted before. He was trying to get Clemson to think more critically about its slave-holding past after all. I sent him along my well wishes when I saw this story.

Personally, Iā€™d love to see a public debate between him and Spencer! Heā€™d hand spencer his ass, Iā€™m sure.

8 Likes

Cā€™ville is a great little Virginia town in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains itā€™s a shame this is going on there. There has always been a mix of ultra preppy and military in the Cā€™ville area. VMI, UVA, Fork Union, Woodberry Forest, etc. All surrounded mostly by Green County home to many rural Trump supporters and largely one family of Shiflets.

Great hiking, biking and camping up there.

My father and sister are UVa alumni are both appalled this is happening. Itā€™s hard to believe.

1 Like

No doubt. That and fascist white supremacy are two sides of the same coin.

4 Likes

Itā€™s some of the most beautiful country in the US.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never seen so many Tiki Torches in one place. They canā€™t even promote ā€œwhite cultureā€ without appropriating Polynesian culture.

15 Likes

At least they wonā€™t have to worry about mosquitoes. /s

WASPs on the other handā€¦ (sorry, couldnā€™t resist)

17 Likes

Well, itā€™s escalating quickly:

7 Likes

About an hour away in Richmond there are lots of folks who think that the Civil War never ended. There are country clubs there that only in recent years allowed black members and then there is Monument Ave.

3 Likes

As others have noted a REAL President of either party would be drafting a public statement to strongly condemn this horrible situation.

10 Likes

There are probably WH staff in Cā€™ville waving the confederate battle flag. Anybody seen Jeff Sessions?

4 Likes

Hey, hey, Il Duce has a busy schedule accosting brides at his golf courses. /s

3 Likes

Cricketsā€¦

11 Likes

Expect a series of tweets attacking the counter-protestors in the next few hours, but only after they have been vetted by Bannon.

4 Likes